Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you just cover the sheet metal behind the door panel, or do you go inside the plastic panel too? If both, which us more important?

I have never sound deadened before

I have one 50 dollar box of the stuff. Maybe like 16 sq ft? Probably not enough for both front doors

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
663 Posts
Dynamat is pricey.. there is other stuff on the market that will give you more bang for the buck.

I use FatMat or Raamat.

You want to put it on anything that vibrates.. so I put it on the inside of the door (like behind the window track, on the outside of the door to seal the door.. around the speaker baffle and such, on the inside of plastic panels also. That will stop the vibrations and some buzzing sounds you might get. Then there are products like Second Skin or closed cell foam that block out road noise and some low end sounds.

Seems like every time I do sound deadening I like the results and I do more the next time.. when I get around to doing my audio upgrade I am going to strip all the interior out and deaden the whole truck if I can.

Reactions: O7trdbama

·
Registered
663 Posts
Reactions: jimr78

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. I'm not concerned with road noise. Just want to stop the rattling when the bass hits and give my door speakers a bit of an enclosure to work with.

So you actually take the sheet metal off the door (after you take the plastic door panel off)? In order to get the inside of the door?

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
door panel

Access hole in door + speaker hole should allow sufficient room to place mat inside door.

·
Premium Member
10,982 Posts
No, you take the speaker out and put it behind it where you can reach. There''s also a hole behind the door handle that covered in a plastic sheet, pull it back and put it in there.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Thanks. I'm not concerned with road noise. Just want to stop the rattling when the bass hits and give my door speakers a bit of an enclosure to work with.

So you actually take the sheet metal off the door (after you take the plastic door panel off)? In order to get the inside of the door?

No.

Once you take the plastic door panel off you should see some plastic screen of some sort. I take that off so I can get my hands inside of the holes and place tiles inside the door skin.

The basic treatment to reduce road noise is:

25% of a flat metal panel cover with CLD Tiles or Mat
then a layer CCFoam 1/8" or 1/4" is better
and last a Full layer of Mass Loaded Vinyl (1 pound per square foot)

But road noise isnt a concern for you, so just the CLD titles and maybe a little CCF would be good for you.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I bought 2 trunk kits off amazon and did all 4 doors the rear bed panel and the full floor. Theres a solid thud when i close any door and with stereo at full volume I hear ZERO rattles or other noises. P.i.t.a. to do but well worth it in the long run

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Has anyone used the spray stuff like in the YouTube video? Just seems like it would be pretty easy in the interior of the doors as opposed to trying to get the dynamat in there. Or is that more for road noise reduction?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I bought 3 boxes Dynamat Xtreme to do my '13 DC. Did the roof, back wall, floor, inner and outer door panels with zero left over. Difference is significant and it took 1.5 days to take it apart, install, and put everything back together.

I bought Dynamat because I've used it before and know it works, plus it has no odor. Three boxes from Amazon were a little over $400. You get what you pay for on this run. I did the same thing to my '04 Sequoia and still don't have any issues.

·
Registered
333 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts