Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is a dumb question for most. I have no idea what it means to have an off set on a wheel.
I am looking at keeping my stock TRD wheels and getting the biggest size tires that can fit. I have 2.5" level kit up front and stock in the rear.
So not sure where the off set comes into play or if wheel spacers would help.

But I would certainly appreciate any schooling.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
507 Posts
You won't need spacers for bigger tires, backspacing is the distance on a wheel from the hub to the end if the wheel.

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
What size tires are you looking to get. You may not need any wheel spacer if you don't go too wide. But then again, you probably don't want to go too wide on stock wheels (8 inch width) anyway.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What size tires are you looking to get. You may not need any wheel spacer if you don't go too wide. But then again, you probably don't want to go too wide on stock wheels (8 inch width) anyway.
I was thinking the popular 295/75/18 Terra's that many put on their rigs. I was thinking of a lift in the future but after calling a few places I think a 6" is a little too pricey so I might go with 3" body lift instead.

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
I was thinking the popular 295/75/18 Terra's that many put on their rigs. I was thinking of a lift in the future but after calling a few places I think a 6" is a little too pricey so I might go with 3" body lift instead.

I don't think wheel spacers will be needed for that size. This thread may be useful for you. A lot of guys are running larger tires with stock wheels.
http://www.tundratalk.net/forums/tundra-wheels-tires/92689-leveled-35s-post-em-here.html

1 - 8 of 8 Posts