Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Drove it as a loaner while my RW was in the shop today. And holy crap I realized how quick our trucks actually are when I jumped back in it this afternoon. And the suspension finally doesn't squeak anymore!!!!!!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Reactions: Mr. Creosote

·
Premium Member
3,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah it was a fully loaded model. Super nice. But I appreciated my torque monster when I got back in my own truck. The squeak was killing me for about a month!

·
Premium Member
3,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My bad. I had some bilstein 5100s installed by a Firestone my buddy ran. I took it to the dealer after about 3 weeks of squeaking and they found that the long bolt that comes out of the top of the shock and connects to the strut housing had a cross threaded nut on it so it wasn't completely tight and daily driving wore out the rubber bushing until it finally started squeaking. It was quiet for about 7,000 miles or so, so I didn't think anything of it. I was lucky that the dealer covered it under my warranty. They replaced the bolt and nut, washer and bushing for both sides just to be safe. I'm pretty happy with their service. Any other dealer would probably have charged me no less than 300 for the fix.

·
Premium Member
3,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
For sure. The extra weight if the tundra keeps it planted in its lane a little better though. That was my only complaint about it dancing around in its lane a bit.

·
Premium Member
586 Posts
I'm in a DoubleCab loaner right now while mine is in the shop getting leather installed. Man, it feels a hell of a lot more loose in the rear end than the CrewMax.

·
Premium Member
3,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah it really does. My tundra always feels planted to the ground but that Tacoma felt like it was ready to spring away at a moments notice

·
Premium Member
586 Posts
I'm talking about a DoubleCab Tundra, not a taco.....

·
Premium Member
3,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Wifes 2012 DC V6 TRD Offroad Tacoma is alot more stable in the curves than my same TRD Offroad Tundra. It handles much better actually. It runs good for a V6 truck... Not too much slower than a Tundra. Gets about 4-5 more MPG on average too.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Lifted Tacos are sweet! Local dealership always has them available with lift/tires and they look great!

Would be even better if they'd stuff a V8 in them or even better would be a diesel.

·
Premium Member
3,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
They are nice. My dad has one. I do like the extra power of my truck though. I would have bought a Tacoma had the tundra I want not been only a grand more. Tacomas are pricey.

·
"Off-Topic Discussion Troll"
1,289 Posts
Wifes 2012 DC V6 TRD Offroad Tacoma is alot more stable in the curves than my same TRD Offroad Tundra. It handles much better actually. It runs good for a V6 truck... Not too much slower than a Tundra. Gets about 4-5 more MPG on average too.
You should think about getting the TRD rear sway bar. Put it on a few weeks ago and the rear of my Tundra tightened up....

·
Premium Member
3,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Premium Member
3,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 29 Posts