Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Here is another challenge for you electrical gurus, is it possible to mod the folding mirrors to either open/close on ignition or make them always have power so you can open/close without the key in the ignition to the on position?
I'd actually like them to fold in when you take the key out and vice versa. That would be neat.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Not to be that guy, but I have no idea what the [email protected] a pac audi tr7 is. Does the write up you're talking about have pics?
It is a small device that people use to program electrical signals. For instance you can set the device to continue supplying power to another device for a set period of time, constant, etc. I used it to let my Alpine Headunit play dvds while driving. I know, that is bad but I liked to let my son watch Shrek on those long drives to my brothers house. I had the movie memorized, no need to look down to check up on the action, am I right?:lol5:

·
Registered
78 Posts
It is a small device that people use to program electrical signals. For instance you can set the device to continue supplying power to another device for a set period of time, constant, etc. I used it to let my Alpine Headunit play dvds while driving. I know, that is bad but I liked to let my son watch Shrek on those long drives to my brothers house. I had the movie memorized, no need to look down to check up on the action, am I right?:lol5:
So where are you guys buying them? Is that all you need in order to do the mod?

·
Registered
1,060 Posts

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Here is another challenge for you electrical gurus, is it possible to mod the folding mirrors to either open/close on ignition or make them always have power so you can open/close without the key in the ignition to the on position?
yes anything is possible tr7 can make this happen just need to test the wires at switch to determine if its a +or - signal, latched or pulse. then hook up according to the directions of the tr7. sorry if this is not clear enough but if it is'nt maybe you should stay away from any wiring on these new trucks. you can cause lots of damage hooking things up wrong.

·
Registered
78 Posts
yes anything is possible tr7 can make this happen just need to test the wires at switch to determine if its a +or - signal, latched or pulse. then hook up according to the directions of the tr7. sorry if this is not clear enough but if it is'nt maybe you should stay away from any wiring on these new trucks. you can cause lots of damage hooking things up wrong.

I think like most guys who haven't heard of this prior to this thread, we want to learn more about it and how to utilize it and it's functionality. Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought that was the purpose of the forums, to help each other out. I am assuming that this is the tr7 that you guys are mentioning. You mentioned above that there is a write up for how to do this, however when I searched I was unable to find it. Could you post that on here?

·
Registered
38 Posts
So where are you guys buying them? Is that all you need in order to do the mod?
Any car audio shop. Be sure that they will mark it up about 200%. Best bet is to just buy online. With any electrical knowledge you can follow the directions included to program for your specific purposes.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I think like most guys who haven't heard of this prior to this thread, we want to learn more about it and how to utilize it and it's functionality. Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought that was the purpose of the forums, to help each other out. I am assuming that this is the tr7 that you guys are mentioning. You mentioned above that there is a write up for how to do this, however when I searched I was unable to find it. Could you post that on here?
my bad the write up is on another tundra forum. not sure if allowed to post other foums here but its initials are TS. this is for an few year older truck without auto windows in the front so the front wiring would be different. if you can follow his diagrams then you will be able to figure out the the fronts on a 2014. sorry if i had the time i would do a write up on this but i don't.

·
Registered
38 Posts
my bad the write up is on another tundra forum. not sure if allowed to post other foums here but its initials are TS. this is for an few year older truck without auto windows in the front so the front wiring would be different. if you can follow his diagrams then you will be able to figure out the the fronts on a 2014. sorry if i had the time i would do a write up on this but i don't.
That is the device.

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
For those who are new to Toyota and some that are not one FAB (feature advantage benefit) that is often over looked or not stated is for those with factory sunroof. Insert key in drivers door turn and hold clock wise and ta da the front windows go down and sun roof opens:eek:. Many sales people don't know this about the Toyota product they sale or just forget to point this out.

But there is a warning if you show this off to often it will draw down the battery...have fun showing off or just airing out cab!! :cool:
Tried it on my 07 CM with no luck. Told my buddy who just got his 10 CM 4x4 about it and we tried it. The only thing that we got to open and close was the sunroof. Any ideas why the front windows aren't doing it also? Or is that just the way it is set up.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
78 Posts
So my salesman reached out to me the other day to see how the truck was and make sure I was still happy, etc.. We were discussing the truck and I mentioned dropping the windows with the key fob. He said he'd ask the service dept and get back to me. Today he sends me an email saying they can set it up for me next time I bring my truck in for service. He had them program it on his '13 runner after I brought it to his attention. Not sure whats involved, but I thought I'd pass this info on for what its worth.

·
Registered
132 Posts
do you think all windows could be programmed to respond to the key trick?

Also, the module that you guys are speaking of for the remote activated roll down, does it work with the factory remote or do I have to get another fob? I dont really want another fob unless its a 2 way pager system.

·
F.B.I.
2,016 Posts
I believe for the factory fob you will have to see what wire gets the 12v when the key fob unlock signal is sent and if the signal is constant as long as the button is depressed. Then the pac tr-7 would have to be programmed to send a ground signal to the appropriate ground wire for the window when 12v is received. That way you could do it from the factory fob by holding down the unlock button until all windows are down.

·
Registered
53 Posts
My 14 doesnt do this, but I also dont have a sunroof. Was hoping it would drop the 2 front windows. I wonder if this is something that has to be turned on via Tech stream?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Nope my 2014 DC doesn't do it either.

I'm deeply saddened....:(

It would be great if I could make it work from the remote, that remote has some really good distance. The best Ive seen.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts