Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who are new to Toyota and some that are not one FAB (feature advantage benefit) that is often over looked or not stated is for those with factory sunroof. Insert key in drivers door turn and hold clock wise and ta da the front windows go down and sun roof opens:eek:. Many sales people don't know this about the Toyota product they sale or just forget to point this out.

But there is a warning if you show this off to often it will draw down the battery...have fun showing off or just airing out cab!! :cool:

·
F.B.I.
2,016 Posts
No you have to use the key cylinder....

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
easy mod to add to key fob. all the truck needs is ground output for up and down for 8-10 seconds long. wires are located inside drivers door. just did mine this weekend with a 2 way clifford alarm starter as well as the 3 back windows up and down .:D:D

·
Registered
861 Posts
easy mod to add to key fob. all the truck needs is ground output for up and down for 8-10 seconds long. wires are located inside drivers door. just did mine this weekend with a 2 way clifford alarm starter as well as the 3 back windows up and down .:D:D
Can you elaborate on this? Ground output? Do we need to purchase anything?

Is there a DIY?

Thanks,
Mark

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
there are two wires located in the drivers door at the lock cylinder 22awg pink and green maybe cant remember for sure, but if you ground one wire the doors lock and if you continue to ground the wire the windows and sunroof will close. the other wire does the same but for down. i used an axxess module that sends a timed ground output for 10 seconds to a relay that sends ground to the up wire.as for down i just use an aux on my alarm to signal a relay to send ground as long as i hold the button on the key fob. there are many ways to do this but first would be to decide how you want to contol the windows ex. factory key fob, aftermarket unit, or other.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
For those who are new to Toyota and some that are not one FAB (feature advantage benefit) that is often over looked or not stated is for those with factory sunroof. Insert key in drivers door turn and hold clock wise and ta da the front windows go down and sun roof opens:eek:. Many sales people don't know this about the Toyota product they sale or just forget to point this out.

But there is a warning if you show this off to often it will draw down the battery...have fun showing off or just airing out cab!! :cool:
I just went out to try this. Frickin' cool. Don't know how much I'd use it but it is neat.

·
F.B.I.
2,016 Posts
a Pac tr-7 module should be able to do this. where are the wires for the door lock/ unlock signal?

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
@tacoblack
I have a Viper remote start on my Tundra, what do I need to do?
use one of your aux outputs for windows down. then simply hold down the aux button till the windows ans sunroof are fully open. for up you need something like a pac-audio tr-7 that would hook up to your orange armed output off the viper and program it to sent a negative output for 10 seconds so when you lock the doors it goes up automatically without holding down a button. the same could be done for down if you wish. back and rear windows window modules like dei 530t and 529t are needed. sorry should have taken pictures.

·
Premium Member
920 Posts

so! my arm rest slides forward and um I have a light in each door panel and...dang it I got nothing! That is a pretty neat party trick!

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
there is a write up on here on how to add auto up/down to a few year older tundra off the factory key fob via double pulse. all rear windows would be the same on a 2014 but fronts and sunroof are easier just 2 wires ground one windows and sunroof close, ground the other front windows and sunroof open. the key is the ground needs to be active for approx 10seconds to fully open and close the sunroof. pac audio tr7 will do this.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Here is another challenge for you electrical gurus, is it possible to mod the folding mirrors to either open/close on ignition or make them always have power so you can open/close without the key in the ignition to the on position?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts