Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the non DRL relay, and I was toying with the idea of recording the procedure and posting a write up of the results. What do ya think, wanna see it?

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
LMAO....you guys kill me!!!!!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Down boy, down! Ok so I guess that was a dumb question. If I get off early enough tonight, I'll start the install, otherwise I'll have to do it tomorrow, but it WILL be done muhahahaha! :D j/k Maybe I'll even toss in some boobs :rolleyes:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I got it done sooner than expected, I'm working on the write-up so stand by for results (work is still in the way so it may be a few hours still) :mad:

·
Premium Member
39,325 Posts
Down boy, down! Ok so I guess that was a dumb question. If I get off early enough tonight, I'll start the install, otherwise I'll have to do it tomorrow, but it WILL be done muhahahaha! :D j/k Maybe I'll even toss in some boobs :rolleyes:
Oh you better bring the boobs now!

·
Registered
7,071 Posts
The best would be a hot chick showing her boobs while installing the non DRL relay!
Is that going to be included in the video. Step 1, unhook battery. Step 2, oh wow holly cow hot chick showing boobs. Step 3, what was I doing again. Step 4, re-connect battery done lost my train of thought LOL. :D :D

·
Premium Member
39,325 Posts
Is that going to be included in the video. Step 1, unhook battery. Step 2, oh wow holly cow hot chick showing boobs. Step 3, what was I doing again. Step 4, re-connect battery done lost my train of thought LOL. :D :D
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
NON DRL relay swap

Tools needed: 10mm socket, ratchet, and boobs.

Step one: Buy the Non DRL relay from the dealer.

Step two: Remove the plastic nut, behind the E-brake, that holds down the kick panel.

Step three: Gently push the kick panel to the side to reveal the 10mm bolt holding the bottom of the panel located under the steering wheel

and remove the one next to the tire reset button.

Step four: Gently tug on the upper portion of the panel to release it. There are 2, yellow, plastic pop rivets on either side of the steering wheel, holding the upper portion of the panel in place.

Step five: Once the panel is removed, you can see the computer and flasher to the left of the steering wheel. The flasher is the one lone plug to the left of the multi-plug computer.

Notice the single 10mm nut, above the plug, holding the flasher in place

Step six: Remove the nut and carefully pull the flasher out of its hole.

Step seven: Replace the old relay with the new

for sh!ts and giggles, lets check the results.

HOLY SHIZ!! It worked!! :eek:
Reverse the procedures to put back together.

FOR SALE: DRL Relay If I can find where I put it that is...

Boobs, boobs, boobs, I like boobs!!! Sorry ladies, you like Tundra's and we like Tundra's and boobs. :)

Reactions: blueray

·
Premium Member
4,216 Posts
What were we talking about???? I say let them puppies breathe! BTW how much is the relay??

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
What were we talking about???? I say let them puppies breathe! BTW how much is the relay??
I paid $62 and some change for the relay. The part number for the relay with DRL is 81980-0C010, where as the one without is 81980-0C020. Just one digit off, so be careful when ordering.
Oh, and I just got done administering mouth to mouth, they were suffocating.:D :eek:

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.