Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read all the threads and posts about the J29 and little grey wire in the #5 spot. I took pics of them went out and removed the kick panel and mine doesn't look anything like the pic explains. I tried removing the plug at the lights and removing the wire that powers them. That wont work because I loose my turn signal power too. Got any other ideas?

· Registered
352 Posts
In order to remove the lower dash panel you need to remove the kick panel. There are 2 10mm screws at the bottom of the dash panel

Reactions: Judd12

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks! I just installed the hyper-tech speed module behind the instrument cluster. I am just hoping I can get to it without having to take off the top panel. It was a hassle getting it back into place. I'm about to start tearing into it now.

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes the parking lights are the same as with head lights on. Blinker still lights up bright with head lights on or off. I removed the driver side kick panel and then the lower panel of the dash. Just 2 (10mm) bolts. Then work your way around the panel slowly pulling it away from the snap locks. Just let it hang down. Then on the far left of all the wiring harnesses the J29 block is located. I went ahead and unplugged it and pulled it out. If you have big hands grab a flat head or a knife and use it to push the clip in on the left side while you pull it out. Then locate the SMALL GREY WIRE not the big grey wire. you will see the difference. I was scared to death but just cut it and put a little elect tape around each end and plug it back in. There is another thread that has pics of the whole thing. Just search for it. I'm serious this actually worked PERFECTLY.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.