1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
mileage limit? im past warranty but if not I want it replaced! im 2wd

·
Registered
517 Posts
I had my driveshaft replaced last week. My truck is 2wd and I've had the clunk since I bought the truck. However, I actually brought the truck in because the front u-joint by the transmission was leaking. The dealer ended up changing the entire driveshaft. I did mention the clunk issue when I brought it in. It's been about 2 weeks now and I haven't felt the "clunk" even once. Sure makes the truck feel more solid when it dosen't clunk at every stop and start.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Thanks for posting this document....

I don't hear a clunk, but I certainly do feel a "bump from behind" when I get on it from time to time. I've just assumed that was a "feature" associated with this truck's drive-by-wire system.

I'll continue to watch for it and follow-up with Donald using your printed TSB if required.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
ty very much! , mine has recently started the bump from behind, and i will laugh if the clunk i hear goes away....

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have until aug of this year until power train runs out...but I have no bump/noise from the rear. It's kind of good that's there is nothing wrong but damn I want the improved part on my truck. LOL.
Toyota should send me a driveshaft so I can hang it on my living room wall for piece of mind..lol. :D

·
Premium Member
13,349 Posts
Just like the other TSB's and added time and mileage on warranty parts. I'm well past the mileage at 127,101 miles. If it was going to give me trouble it would have by now.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Replaced driveshaft and had it balanced solving the issue that I had lived with for 75,000 miles. Only clunked if I braked hard and then accelerated from a stop
- 15,000 miles later its back just like before.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts