Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me the difference between the 2007 Tundra double cab underseat storage accessory coded (G7) for $125 on the Toyota.com web site and the 2007 Tundra double cab underseat storage accessory coded (UT) for $40 that the dealer lists as an accessory? An $85 MSRP difference makes me think that you might want one over the other if you are looking for specific funtionality.

Does anyone have this underseat storage, and how do you like it?

I need a place to keep tow chains, tools, jumper cables, etc.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have the $40.00 underseat storage in my DC. It works well for me. I was impressed with the amount of space there is in it. It is not lockable. In my opinion it is well worth the money.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I have the one from factory that are a hard plastic and work very well. The 40.00 ones are some sort of styrofoam.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I have the plastic one and it will work well for the things you listed. I really like having one, being in construction, it's just one more storage space to keep $hit off the back seat!:D

·
Registered
38 Posts
I've got a mediocre sounding sub woofer taking up the space under the seat....where does this part go ???

TK

·
Registered
313 Posts
Hmmmm....I need to get some sort of storage space for my DC.

·
Registered
313 Posts
hit em. I have the $40.00 storage from the factory and they are hard plastic and not Styrofoam as you suggest.
Can you post some pics of the $40 dollar storage bins? I need to get something under my rear seats. Can they also be purchased at the dealer for $40?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am in the process of getting the underseat storage from the dealer. The part number is PT871-34070 and its price according to the dealer is $115.00. I saw one on a truck at Bass Pro last weekend and it will work perfectly. Even has a lid to cover are your stuff up!!

·
Registered
66 Posts
scooter 737. I have the factory invoice and the cost for the under storage is $40.00. It is just as shown on the Tundra website as well as shown above. Maybe they raised the price after I ordered mine as it seemed like a bargain for the price. I will look on it and see if I can find the part number.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Michigan-Tundra Yea, please let me know. I have seen the cost of this part up to $165.00 on some sites. If you find it for the $40.00 you said, let me know and I will get one shipped here to Central Florida. Thanks!

·
Registered
66 Posts
scooter 737. I just talked to my dealer and if you order it when you order the truck it was $40.00 installed, but to order it afterwards it cost $115.00. Hope this information helps.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just ordered and received in 24 hours, 10 accessories from Toyota parts. When I went into the parts department I asked for a discount and they gave me 20% off of list. I didn't even buy the truck at this dealsership. Went on the web and found better prices, but when you add in the shipping it is cheaper in most cases to get parts from the parts department. Here is part numbers and price.
* Underseat storage, p/n PT871-34070, List 115, Discount 92; installs in 5 minutes.
* HomeLink mirror with compass, p/n PT374-34070, List 265, Discount 212
* Wheel locks, p/n PT276-60984, List 65, Discount 52
* Spare tire lock, p/n PT276-34070, List 46, Discount 36.80
* Sport pedals, p/n PRS22-34070, List 65, Discount 52
* TRD Oil Cap, p/n PTR04-12108-02, List 57, Discount 45.60
* Dual Exhaust (5.7L) p/n PT400-34074, List 675, Discount 540. Note this is the muffler only. The tail pipes are extra. The parts department failed to see the little note about the tail pipes being extra. When I asked about this they admitted they made a mistake and gave me the tailpipes no cost. So I don't have part numbers for these.
* Black tube steps p/n PT212-3407C-02, List 435, Discount 348. These are a much better quality than the aftermarket ones I looked at. It took me 10 minutes per side to put these on.

I installed all these accessories myself. Don't trust the hacks at the dealership to do it correctly. If you have a few tools and know how to use them you should have not problems. I plan to do the exhaust system tonight and it will require a little more effort.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.