Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a weird door lock issue. I have a 2010 Toyota Tundra and the other day the locking button on my key chain did not work. Upon further investigation work i noticed that the door lock buttons on both passenger and driver side do not lock the doors, but they will open them. Also my keychain unlock button also works. I also started the truck and started driving it also noticed that the doors dont automatically lock anymore also.
Re-cap, unlock button on keychain works, lock button doesnt, lock button in truck does not work, but unlock does work, and finally the automatic door locks when you drive no longer works.
So far i have replaced the battery on my keychain, i checked all the fuses that pertain to the door locks, they are all good, i even checked the fuses for the automatic door locks, also good.
I have no idea what to check next . Does someone have expirience on this same issue? I need some help.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Doors automatically lock when you drive ? That's a new one on me. My 2018 Tundra is almost a year old now and the doors have never automatically locked when I drive although I did have a vehicle (SUV) previously that did that when I reached a certain speed .

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If it was the motor , it wouldn’t unlock the doors. But the unlock button does work , on my keychain and the switch at the door

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All of my doors unlock when I press the unlock button , but non of my doors work when I press the lock button

·
Registered
150 Posts
All of my doors unlock when I press the unlock button , but non of my doors work when I press the lock button
I have the same problem on my 2014. Button unlocks all doors, button does not lock doors. Doors lock when I put into gear so it is not motors. Key 1 turn in the door lock unlocks driver side (pretty sure this is a purely mechanical action) second turn of the key no longer unlocks doors. FOB does nothing. When I put into park, doors unlock.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I had this same failure in my 2012 Tundra. It would unlock, but not lock on one door. It was the motor going bad. They replaced the electric lock and it worked fine afterwards.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I had this same failure in my 2012 Tundra. It would unlock, but not lock on one door. It was the motor going bad. They replaced the electric lock and it worked fine afterwards.
The strange thing is that when moving in and out of park, the doors unlock and lock respectively. All motors work under this condition.

·
Registered
67 Posts
These operate on the CANbus (I think that is the way you spell it) communication system so you could be having some issue with the communications from the ECM to the power door lock. It could be a bad wire or if you added some electronics to the system, you could have interfered with the communications. Even things like changing the light bulbs to LED can cause problems.

If you did any electrical type of work, like installing a new radio or new fog lights, etc, try undoing that and see if things start to work again.

I am sure that the dealer can figure out what is going on. It is a pretty simple system to see if the ECM is receiving the instructions to open/close from the various inputs (FOB, Switches, shift lever position, etc), and then if it is sending out the instructions to the locks to operate. If all of that is working, then they will look at the locks themselves and the wiring between everything.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Thanks for the suggestion. I did replace the HU and added a Maestro RR back in July, but the problems started in October. I will investigate further, starting with disconnecting the integration with the canbus.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts