Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings!

My wife was commenting (i hadn't noticed) that the door handles on my 'grade' radiant red 2013 tundra were black, and not painted red. She also noticed the partition between the front and rear doors was also black. I noticed on some other tundra's that they were painted. Was this an package with the TRD's I'm wondering? Can I replace my black parts with the painted red ones?

Thanks,
Bill-Maine

p.s. Soon to Join the 'radiant red' club.....

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
The area that is black between the front and rear doors is just vinyl tape and can be removed to reveal the red underneath.

You can also buy color matched door handles from www.trdsparks.com

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
handles are about a 5 minute job

the pillar tape is a little longer since you gotta clean off the glue

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
I've already done the door handles, literally 5 minutes and a 10,000% improvement.

I'm in the process of the pillar tape removal, got the drivers side done, waiting in the wife to return home so I can go back out and finish this. Watching the kids suck when you are in the middle of doing something that looks so awesome when complete.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice! I'm ordering handles today! I got the vinyl all off. I mentioned it to my mechanic who has a TRD, and he was like...'WHAT!?' LOL

Bed sprayed, TRD rims installed, Sway bar installed. Just waiting on the Leer Lid to come in today or tomorrow. Will take pics when it's on. woo hoo.

:p

·
"BHLM Master"
3,232 Posts
Amazing the info ya find over here, heh?

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Side note, hour v8 tundra also comes stock with an alarm. Just need to make sure Your dealer turned it on

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Nice! I'm ordering handles today! I got the vinyl all off. I mentioned it to my mechanic who has a TRD, and he was like...'WHAT!?' LOL

Bed sprayed, TRD rims installed, Sway bar installed. Just waiting on the Leer Lid to come in today or tomorrow. Will take pics when it's on. woo hoo.

:p
Post a pic when you get the leer. We would like to see you in the tundra with a cap club

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
question: at TRDSparks for the door handles, the description sounds like it's 'one' handle not a pair. Also, if so, I can't choose right or left hand side. Is it really just the pair?

Thanks!

Yes, this place is great.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
question: at TRDSparks for the door handles, the description sounds like it's 'one' handle not a pair. Also, if so, I can't choose right or left hand side. Is it really just the pair?

Thanks!

it is the pair for the door handles, that is where I ordered mine. You should click add to cart and then pick your color i believe. Do you have a double cab or crew max? Then you may need two pair.

·
Premium Member
3,151 Posts

Thanks!

when you pick your model, RC, DC, CM that will set the appropriate number for you. The price is for the whole set for that model.

RC/DC = $66.68 for both
CM = $136.88 for all 4

1 - 15 of 15 Posts