Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I blacked out my headlights a while back and they looked great but I noticed they started to fog up on the inside a little. So I cracked and couldn't take it anymore and took them out to clean them. Here is what happened:

This is how they suposed to look right? Clean and clear.

Well this is what happened to the first one I took out when i decided to use goof off to clean the inside.

DO NOT USE GOOF OFF! It eats at the plastic and leaves it all scratched up and gouged. Stupid stupid stupid! Now I have to buy a new piece of plastic for the left headlight.

Speaking of new piece of plastic for the headlight, Does anyone know where to order one of those? And the adhesive that holds the pieces together, what do you recommend using?

Thanks in advanced, and please beware of the Goof Off!

Reactions: EUPHOR1C

· Premium Member
12,290 Posts
yeah, never use goof off, only use goo gone.
best bet for a new lens if find a headlight off ebay that the ripped the mounts off when trying to remove them. You can usually pick them up for cheap with a decent lens.

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm always looking for an excuse to buy a new tool. Might as well give it a shot.

· Registered
2,358 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.