Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you with older growlers who aren't the pup they use to be, give GlycoFlex a shot. I told Tellie to ask the vet about the joint medications and injections before her last yearly. I never followed up with her and only yesterday did I realize the "treats" I've been giving her were medicinal, in a sense.
She bought ours through the vet but it's available online, too.
Our 9yo Aussie/collie mix is acting as though she's 2 again. Rather than just meeting me at the door with a smile and perky ears she's back to spins and checking my balance. She's been giving it to her for 2 weeks now so it seems it's finally loosened things up to the way she was.
Not sure how much it costs, and really don't care. I got my girl mobile again so it's worth it.

·
Premium Member
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I despise that. It's akin to the guys at lube joints trying to upsell transmission flushes at chit to wimmins and older folk.
My daughter is in her last year of veterinary science(?), so she's our check on our regular vet.
I will say, we brought the 2 terriers in at 8:30 one night after being snake bit. Got out with only $475 worth of swelling...for an emergency visit. Cheap, imo. Especially for them(the terriers) doing their job.

·
Premium Member
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My golden doodle with his summer haircut
Are you supposed to cut them short for summer, HB?
I ask because I just recently learned from a new groomer we shouldn't cut our Australian Shepherd/Border Collie mixes hair. According to him their under coat and over coat help them to cool quicker or easier, somehow. He said a "sanitary trim" and touch up around the legs and head, then blows the under coat out.
Patches and Ranger.

Sidenote; the Kong frisbees, they're the best. Last almost 7 months.

Attachments

·
10,631 Posts
My golden doodle with his summer haircut
Are you supposed to cut them short for summer, HB?
I ask because I just recently learned from a new groomer we shouldn't cut our Australian Shepherd/Border Collie mixes hair. According to him their under coat and over coat help them to cool quicker or easier, somehow. He said a "sanitary trim" and touch up around the legs and head, then blows the under coat out.
Patches and Ranger.

Sidenote; the Kong frisbees, they're the best. Last almost 7 months.
Poodle hair doesn't stop growing. If he didn't get a hair cut it would be down to the ground.
My only concern is his skin, if the hair is too short he might get a sunburn.

·
10,631 Posts
My vet suggested Eicosaderm Omega 3 liquid, its it's a source of fatty acid and vitamin E. The active ingredient is fish oil.
Chewy has it for a decent price but they don't ship to Canada.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts