Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased some General Grabber X3. After getting them on I noticed that had a recessed bead/rim protector design, see pic. I have seen any number of low profile car tires have this design but this is my first set of truck tires with this design. This was not mentioned on the companies website as a feature. My daily driver is a Jeep Grand Cherokee (my Tundra is a garage queen/tow vehicle) that I off-road as well. It currently has Kumho AT51 on it, had it had the rim protector design, probably could have avoided the rock rash in the attached pic. My Tundra wheels have plenty of rock rash on them and see this design feature as a plus. I definitely want the replacement tires on my Jeep to have this feature. I noticed, only by looking at the pictures on their website, that the General Grabber A2 has the rim protector design. What other AT tires out there have this feature? Thanks for your input.

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.