Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Read mixed reports online.

A few local dealers told me they still come with 26 gal tank.

Has anyone actually filled up a 2015 with more than 26 gal?

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
I thought this was an optional item, not a standard one.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Interesting. So if it is optional, what is the up charge? Is it available on any trim/model?

Trying to get some specs together so I can start shopping around for best price.

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
Since none of the new 2015 owners are forthcoming with info and even pictures (hint: new owners), we could only go by what has been reported at this point. I would love to know if the tanks will be available to previous model Tundras.

·
Registered
18 Posts
My dealer said that he called Toyota and confirmed that the larger gas tank and integrated brake contoller was NOT available until the 2016 model year.

I am going to request an escalation because when I called the help desk the individual said it would be available based upon the fact that it was in the 2015 manual. My hope is that is has not been officially released as an option in everyone's system. That said, I am holding my 2015 order.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So it possible, now just need to find the cost.

Seems like it should be a standard add on for 5.7/tow.

ETA: Maybe not.

Dont care about the brake controller as that is an easy fix and prob better than any OEM solution. As long as the truck is pre-wired for it, I am fine with buying my own controller.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Wonder if it's going to be a mid year update like many "year.5" on some trucks. Have to change MY because the calendar is running out, but don't have their suppliers tooled up to offer it on the first couple months of '15's

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Been emailing dealers for prices and got the following answers on the larger fuel tank.

Available but special order (no price info)
Available but not on SR trim
Available but not as factory installed option. Dealer install only at cost of $2K
Not available until 2016

Clear as mud. Thanks Toyota.

I have been told a Cold Weather Package does not exist so if anyone happens to have a window sticker showing it, I would appreciate you posting it.

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
How long after someone actually gets one of these and then post here with "My truck has a 38 gallon fuel tank, but even when it shows empty I can only put in 30."
lol, The saga continues...:banghead:

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I did not expect 38 useable gallons and would be fine with 30.

Really wish Toyota wasn't acting like a coy teenage girl.

·
Registered
92 Posts
According to toyota.com, the gas tank is 26.4 gallons, no other options.

·
Super Moderator
5,324 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Guys, was getting oil changed today at dealer and saw a DC 15 on the lot. the part number (on the gas tank itself) sticker was the same as the 14 dc they had on the lot. The '15 had a date of 9/17/14 on the sticker. Im talking about the little white sticker on the gas tank itself. It was the same size.

So either the tank size being larger is not true, or it is an option.

Or could it be they are using up their inventory of those tanks before they start putting the larger one on them???

·
Registered
212 Posts
Been emailing dealers for prices and got the following answers on the larger fuel tank.

Available but special order (no price info)
Available but not on SR trim
Available but not as factory installed option. Dealer install only at cost of $2K
Not available until 2016

Clear as mud. Thanks Toyota.
I hope that isn't the cost. That would put it at a higher cost than the Transferflow 46 gallon tank that has been available for a while now. It does seem like they have dropped the ball on this so far. Standard on the 5.7 with tow would make a LOT of sense to me.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Still no luck ordering it.

Kind of fed up trying to find the truck I want so I may just hold out another year and see what happens.

Side Rant: GST screwed up when the made the deal to only offer flex fuel engines on 4WD. Can anyone explain to me the reasoning for this?

2WD non flex = no problem
4WD non flex = impossible

I assume they got a tax break....

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
This gas tank thing is complete and udder bullshit.

I feel like Toyota is becoming Apple - stop teasing us with this crap that SHOULD be standard on your trucks to begin with. Its nearly 2015 for gods sake, integrate the damn brake controller so I don't have to install my own and for the love of all things holy quit dickin around with these gas tanks made for side by sides - I wanna tow some stuff and I wanna tow it far and I don't wanna stop for fuel every 1.5 hours. Only you and my grandma have to pee every 45 minutes!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
This gas tank thing is complete and udder bullshit.

I feel like Toyota is becoming Apple - stop teasing us with this crap that SHOULD be standard on your trucks to begin with. Its nearly 2015 for gods sake, integrate the damn brake controller so I don't have to install my own and for the love of all things holy quit dickin around with these gas tanks made for side by sides - I wanna tow some stuff and I wanna tow it far and I don't wanna stop for fuel every 1.5 hours. Only you and my grandma have to pee every 45 minutes!!!!
No need to hold back, tell us how you really feel. ;)

1 - 20 of 55 Posts