Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What the hell is it? I had my tundra at the dealership today to check out some stuff and my paper work says "3479 DOE RECALL DONE REFLASH ONLY". I have no idea what that is so if anyone one knows let me know please.

Reactions: Mr. Creosote

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
It is a reflash designed to reduce the chance of the aip pump failing it is a limited service campaign and is emmision related so you msy have to have proof of repair to register your tags next go around depending on your state

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you nastyn8 for your help!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
753 Posts
Thank you nastyn8 for your help!
Yes, Thanks nastyn8!

Based on what I read, my Tundra will be getting this done during the next visit to my dealer.

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Am I not involved if I received no notice from Toyota? Or am I supposed to call the dealer?

·
Registered
40 Posts
I bought mine used from a jeep dealership... Will Toyota know this and send me a notice?

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Am I not involved if I received no notice from Toyota? Or am I supposed to call the dealer?
you can go to toyotaowners.com to check

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
I bought mine used from a jeep dealership... Will Toyota know this and send me a notice?
No, you will have to notify the manufacture of the ownership change. Only new retailed units and certified pre owned are automatically updated when bought at a Toyota dealer. You can do it by calling the 800 number or by registering at toyotaowners.com

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Thanks, natsyn8. I have until 5/31/2016 (3 years) to do this. I'll have them check this at my next servicing. FWIW, dealer said that there was no mailing.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
How long does it take to re flash the software? I'm sitting at the dealer for an oil change now, and they are saying it would take another 1.5 hours to do the update?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
if it goes smooth it is about 20 minutes of tech time, but that is if a tech certified to do it is available and a techstream unit is available, those are huge factors depending on workload

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
Yeah, here at our dealership we have a seperate dispatch for Toyota Care vehicles and shop work. Now if during write up (when the adviser is suppose to check for recalls) it would be noticed then and put in the correct dispatch, the entire job should not take more than 1.5 (this includes your other maintenance).

It is just a matter of who is doing the reflash (certified tech vs express lube tech) and the availability of a techstream computer. Here at our shop we have 46 stalls but only 12 techstream computers if I remember right.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I took my truck in for the 5,000 mile checkup yesterday. The Service Associate informed me there was a recall on my truck and they'd take care of it. This is what was on my invoice:

Recall DOE Software update
Updated ECM
OP-3615CB

I believe it said .4 hrs so like nastyn8 said, only about 20 minutes.

·
Registered
256 Posts
What happens if the Aip fails. Won't start? I know it has something to do with the exhaust and burning off fuel or something

·
Registered
607 Posts
They did mine today (should have been done IMHO when I bout truck in may. Took all of 15 minutes. Also got alignment redone. Local shop did it after leveling and toe was FUBAR.

Truck seems to pull slight inclines better without downshifting as much but that probably just is because ecm was flashed.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 19 of 19 Posts