Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if replacing your stock bulbs with LED's makes a difference or should I look at aftermarket headlights?

·
Registered
281 Posts
I replaced my stock bulbs with LED bulbs last December. They're better, but certainly not "just like" all new LED headlight assemblies. But the LED bulbs cost less than $70 for the bulbs, in line resistors, and fog lamp LEDs; much less than new assemblies.

·
Registered
203 Posts
If you do much night driving like I do I'm sure you hate the ones coming at you with cheap LED headlights.

·
Registered
47 Posts
There are a lot of choices for LED bulbs. Some are very good any others are poor. Some are designed to work well with your existing reflectors and others are not so well designed. I put some inexpensive ones in my wife's Highlander and they did not provide much more light than stock, but they had little fans on them which caused radio interference. I upgraded to more expensive ones which have heat sinks instead of fans. The heat sinks look like a cluster of thin metal leaves.They give more light and do not interfere with the radio since they do not have little fan motors. I put these in a couple of years ago and things are changing fast enough that I suspect there are better ones now.

·
Registered
789 Posts
They can make a huge difference in night driving IF you get a quality set. I highly recommend Headlight Revolution's LED solutions. They are plug-and-play and the light output is pefectly aligned and designed to work with the OEM housing.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Have a 2012 tundra swamped out the lowbeams for some morimoto led bulbs. Light output was better than halogen the close up, but doesn't have have the same kind of reach a halogen would. I've never found it to be that much of an issue. I've recently upgraded to the new morimoto xb headlight housing, which is a plug and play solution. Lighting I'd say is better overall. Looks a hell of a lot better too.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I replaced my 08 with LED. They're a hell of a light brighter. I have only got hi beamed once since I did it a year ago. I didn't realize how bad my halogens were until I got a newer car that had LED lights. No, they are not as good as an LED designed assembly, but good enough for me.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I had a 2015 Tundra and went with VLEDs for the headlights. They were awesome!

Got a 2019 Tundra and almost immediately got VLEDs again. Low beams are great! High beams don't seem to measure up. Not sure if it's the amount of light or just the pattern it puts out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts