Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I did a booboo and want to cover it up rather than fix it. But really want to keep my mud flaps. I think the OEM flares retain the flaps. Are there any other makes of flares that do this? there so many on amazon to make your head spin. I cant tell quality and fit from there reviews. I dont think the price sometimes justifies quality in every case.

my booboo

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
The stealership removed the stock mudflaps when they installed the OEM fender flares.
Only left the little front mudflaps on the front wheels, which I recently removed for clearance.

They didn't even give me the mudflaps that they pulled off.
I didn't think about it until weeks later...

Reactions: SP

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
From what I understand, Toyota fender flares (smooth ones) allow you to keep the mudflaps. Bushwhacker pocket style fender flares do not.

I think many of the pocket style ones require you to take the mud flaps off. As I remember, EGR brand pocket style flares do allow you to keep your mud flaps.

Reactions: RTHOMAS

·
Premium Member
6,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
thanks guys. I want to order soon to cover my booboo to my fender. I like the factory look.

Reactions: RTHOMAS

·
Registered
651 Posts
I ordered a pair from eBay that gives you the option to retain. I like the look of them off with flares rather then on.

·
Registered
92 Posts
The factory flares on my '16 CM incorporate the factory mud flap. They have a notch built in to fit the mud flap. Sorry no picture handy.

·
Premium Member
6,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just ordered the Lund's from Amazon. Free shipping back if they don't fit so let's give it a try . 250$ shipped with Amazon prime 2 day shipping

·
Premium Member
6,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I hope they cover this

·
Registered
651 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
651 Posts
let us know the fit and quality when you get them. thats really cheap
They fit pretty good and the quality is great. The only thing I don't like about them is the seal is comes with. I ended up ordering replacement seals from Bushwacker. Can't really complain though because the price is a steal.

Reactions: SP

·
Registered
657 Posts
Fix it.

·
Premium Member
6,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know this is an old post, but I had the same question; I wanted to use/keep my factory mudflaps for my 2016 . I ended up buying some $80 flares on ebay and cutting a slot about 1/2-3/4" wide at the bottom back of the flares and the mudflaps fit fine and look good. You can't see the cut unless you're laying on the ground looking up. The back slot is the biggest and had to be cut outwards almost 5 inches to allow the mud flap - maybe some flares don't extend out that far and would have to be cut off - not sure.
IMG_20200809_061516.jpg IMG_20200809_061504.jpg IMG_20200809_061441.jpg

1 - 15 of 15 Posts