Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
That water is coming from the catalytic converter. It is normal. A catalytic converter works by converting carbon monoxide into carbon dioxide and water. That is why you will have water come from you exhaust tip usually when first start up in the morning.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This problem is done..this is what you need to do.. (thanks Toyota for not aligning the self stick foam gasket when they installed the drain..foam gasket is obstracting the hole and the foam has the sticky part so it will not dissolve or go way cause the size is bigger than the exit hole and it sticks cause its part of the gasket as 1 pieceso sticky part is holding that obstraction) ill put pics soon..

tools needed 10 mm socket long on passenger side and short on driverside then you need a tool to pry that plastic drain (it has 2 lock wing lock front and rear of that plastic piece and it will break) doesnt matter if it will break 2 10mm nut will hold it back...

on the pic that i will put here i drilled my plastic drain so i could insert a rubber tubing to reroute the drain going to the passenger side area not dripping on top of the tranny.........1st pic is drain with the wing lock on the side, 2nd pic drain and the foam gasket that i took off (it is covering 80% of the inner rubber tube hole , 3rd pry tool, 4th pic inner rubber tube drain

21 - 22 of 22 Posts