Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Thanks to forum member BrokenLimits for selling me a busted black grille on the cheap, perfect for a satoshi grille.

Not much to it honestly. I was more comfortable using Bondo then Fiberglass, so I went that route.

Cut the center portion out with Fein multimaster tool and dremel. Used pieces of plastic from old grill as filler for the holes created then Bondo'd over it. Sanded 80-400, plasti-dip, cut grill mesh material. Attached bottom with existing screws and top with zip ties. Attached upper grille with black 3M tape. Took about 3 hours start to finish.

Finally done with the chrome !

Debating on a center grill emblem. I Could to the traditional TOYOTA emblem or was thinking about picking up a Louisiana edition emblem and plasti-dip'n that. Thoughts?

Toyota badge number 75311-90K00 is on order.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Reactions: Wacked

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Metro restyling off Amazon.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007OXNDC8/ref=cm_sw_r_an_am_ap_am_us?ie=UTF8[/ame]

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,069 Posts

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Looks good man. Any chance you could grab some pictures of the back side and how it all mounted together? I am debating if I try and go the satoshi route or if I do it over the front.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Reactions: shiggydiggy

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Thanks Sears. How did you find the quality of that mesh? Seem strong and stable enough?

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Sears. How did you find the quality of that mesh? Seem strong and stable enough?
It's strong and stable enough for the job, but flexible enough to cut and bend easily. I was satisfied with it.

Reactions: RedSurfSnow

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Idk if I like the badge on it. Sticks out like a sore thumb on your murdered truck. Just my opinion. No disrespect.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Added the toyota badge, does it look better with or without?
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Reactions: shiggydiggy

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Try plasti dipping that joker. Might camouflage it too much. But if it doesn't look right just peel it off. I think it would look sweet in black.

Reactions: Turbotwiggs

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
I like the emblem, but the white does make it jump out, maybe just do a light smoke treatment on it to turn it down a lil bit.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Looks fantastic! And im about to do this mod, but i was wondering what you did to mount the latch back to the grill? Is there a bracket you made up? A pic or 2 would be fantastic!

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Made the bracket out of punched flat bar, Sku 584328 at home depot. Pics before I trimmed the excess. Metal

Attachments

Reactions: NachoFirme
1 - 20 of 22 Posts