Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
5,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if anybody has suggestions on how to paint the calipers? Such as prep & material. Does the paint needed come in different colors?
Thanx in advance for your response!!!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
3,918 Posts
Games Fictional character
I bought this kit. Comes in red, yellow, blue, black, and silver...maybe more but that's what local auo advance had. Seemed to get good reviews.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Reactions: Mr. Creosote

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
I have used BBQ paint a few times, works ok. just sprayed it on without prep and it lasted long enough to make the next brake job

Reactions: Mr. Creosote

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
I used a product G2, got it on flea bay, got good reviews, comes in different colors, I got 2 kits, one for front and one for rear, mostly because I did them on different days and it has a hardener you have to mix in, not sure i would have gotten 4 with one kit, maybe 3, kit comes with everything needed, for prep truck was still fairly new so I used a wire hand brush and the brake clean it came with and I was good to go, I took the pads out and used painters tape to cover brake lines, fittings, and anything else I didn't want paint on, trust me if you think you will get paint on it you will, i removed the rotors and power brushed them on NON contact areas and painted them with high temp spray paint, then with tie wire i hung the calipers in the wheel well so i could get to all sides with ease, I think I did 2 to 3 coats and then touch up, they came out great and still look perfect after 20,000 plus miles, easy to clean as well, most would say I might have went over board but the results were great.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 5 of 5 Posts