Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Tundra Limited
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I recently traded my 2010 Rock Warrior for a 2020 Limited. My Cement 4x4 Limited came with the cement rear bumper caps. I would like to black out both bumpers. The front chrome is fairly straight forward (just buy and install the matte caps from sparks).

However, I am unsure for the rear. There is no chrome underneath my current caps, so do I need to just buy stock unpainted rear corners and install as a stock for stock replacement, or do I need to get covers to fit over the current cement colored corners?

I have a feeling i could do either one, but was hoping someone else might have experience with this. Also, if anyone can point me to a sensor install guide, that would also be helpful.

Thanks in advance and I am glad to be a part of the community!

·
Registered
2020 Tundra Limited
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
2 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
You can paint the caps. They make some high end rattle cans of real automotive paint. Just go to your local auto paint shop and ask for a can or two of semi-gloss black automotive paint and they can custom mix up what you want. Sand the caps with 1000 grit to get rid of any shine, clean them with wax and grease remover, mask them off, and paint them. If you get any runs, just wait for them to dry and sand them smooth, and try again. They also make a nice automotive flat clear you can use. Make sure to use a 3M disposable face mask. They are like $15 at the paint store. Just ask them for the right mask, and they will know what you need. You can use them for like 10 hour and then throw them away.

Remember, there is nothing you can take off, screw up, or damage, that you can't pay someone to fix. And so far, I have never had to pay.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts