Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
im on my 2nd set of TG's and have logged well over 100,000kms from the 2 sets. The TG's get a lot of praise on other sites too. Theres never going to be a product where every single person loves so keep that in mind.

In terms of winter/snow use these are HORRIBLE. I'm in canada so we get 11 months of winter lol My initial plan was to run these all year and the first month of winter made me realize quick i needed winters or even the stockers. The tread lugs are too big with minimal siping so they literally feel like your on hockey pucks.

·
Registered
784 Posts
im on my 2nd set of TG's and have logged well over 100,000kms from the 2 sets. The TG's get a lot of praise on other sites too. Theres never going to be a product where every single person loves so keep that in mind.

In terms of winter/snow use these are HORRIBLE. I'm in canada so we get 11 months of winter lol My initial plan was to run these all year and the first month of winter made me realize quick i needed winters or even the stockers. The tread lugs are too big with minimal siping so they literally feel like your on hockey pucks.
honest question, would additional siping help at all with that? Would the lug issue apply to most/all similar tread tires?

good point about not everyone will always be happy. glad i got lucky as i'd be pissed if i had issues after spending so much. discount tire should do people right and take care of them. i have a co worker with a sierra 2500 denali. he bought some replacement tires, same style as oem so kinda that hwy style tire. He's had nothing but issues. vibration that can't be tracked down. i think he's had DT do everything other than replace the tires and that is the next step.

·
Registered
784 Posts
i bought my TG G2 yesterday as well from discount. they price matched another dealer and i got almost 200 bucks off. plus the $75 rebate in addition so i guess i lucked out price wise. this time.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
meh, i like my nitto's. as whats his name said above, i bet the store makes more money off the brand they were pushing. my discount tire here actually steered me away from BFG's and towards cooper ST Maxx or something.

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
Maybe the salesman you talked to is trying to help BFG recover from the recalls lol.

·
Registered
89 Posts
They told me the same about Nittos and recommended Toyo Open Country AT2s. I got KO2s instead and I couldn't be happier.
Odd they would recommend Toyo since they would have to special order them so they wouldn't get a better deal. I think Toyo is the parent company to Nitto or its some kind of partnership.

·
Registered
7 Posts
honest question, would additional siping help at all with that? Would the lug issue apply to most/all similar tread tires?
I was actually going to get my first set siped because i really wanted to run them all year(for looks) but when i went down to the tire shop he let me feel how soft the compound was for a winter tire compared to my TG's and i bought the winters right there. The TG's are really hard in the summer so imagine what theyre like in freezing temps. I toughed it out for a good 2 months i think trying to convince myself they'd be ok with 4wd and all but 4wd dont help when it comes to stopping.

Odd they would recommend Toyo since they would have to special order them so they wouldn't get a better deal. I think Toyo is the parent company to Nitto or its some kind of partnership.
Kickbacks my friend. Yes you will typically get a better price on a stocking item but when a sales guy is offered a percentage back from sales of a toyo tire(example only) do you really think hes going to give you a fair recommendation? not saying all sales guys are dirtbags lol

·
Vendor
2,058 Posts
Sorry for not responding prior to this but we were not notified about this thread for some reason.

We apologize if you were at one of our Discount Tire stores and did not get the type of service you expected. We pride our selves for our excellent customer service. If you ever have an experience that you do not feel is right please speak to the store Manager. They will do what ever is necessary to make you happy.

We sell thousands of Nitto tires and have had excellent feedback on them. That being said not any one tire is a perfect fit for every customer. That is why Discount Tire has a 30 day ride guarantee on all of our tires. If you buy a set of tires and do not like them within 30 days please let us know and we will exchange them.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Sorry for not responding prior to this but we were not notified about this thread for some reason.

We apologize if you were at one of out Discount Tire stores and did not get the type of service you expected. We pride our selves for our excellent customer service. If you ever have an experience that you do not feel is right please speak to the store Manager. They will do what ever is necessary to make you happy.

We sell thousands of Nitto tires and have had excellent feedback on them. That being said not any one tire is a perfect fit for every customer. That is why Discount Tire has a 30 day ride guarantee on all of our tires. If you buy a set of tires and do not like them within 30 days please let us know and we will exchange them.
Impressive. Good response.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts