Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have the hook up for a discount at performance lift? thinking about picking up my UCA's.

Gonna get the camburgs. They have them for 679 and free shipping.

Thanks guys

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
Dang, I was hoping that you wouldn't need a set of uca so I won't have to worry about them.

Why did you decide to go with Camburg? What's the advantage over something like LR or even the cheaper Camburg brother ($399)?

Reactions: [email protected]@

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dang, I was hoping that you wouldn't need a set of uca so I won't have to worry about them.

Why did you decide to go with Camburg? What's the advantage over something like LR or even the cheaper Camburg brother ($399)?
I was hoping I didn't need them too! Lol

The cheaper ones utilize your stock ball joint, which to the best of my knowledge isn't sold separately. So when they wear out, you have to buy new upper arms from Toyota just to get new ball joints! I was going to get the prg uca's but if I can save 100 bucks I'll get the camburgs. They have a bigger uniball also, which I'm told allows for a stronger part, as well as more travel. The downside is that the camburgs don't have adjustable heims like the prg, but I'm sure they will work great though.

If anyone has anything to add or insight for me that would be great. I'm having a hard time picking a brand of uca, but my bday is Saturday!

·
Premium Member
10,869 Posts
LR UCA's do not use the stock ball joint, they utilize an "OEM Style" ball joint is all. The come with ball joints that just look exactly like stock. If they fail, you can indeed replace individual ball joints...

http://wheelersoffroad.com/product/light-racing-339669/light-racing-replacement-ball-joint/

I was hoping I didn't need them too! Lol

The cheaper ones utilize your stock ball joint, which to the best of my knowledge isn't sold separately. So when they wear out, you have to buy new upper arms from Toyota just to get new ball joints! I was going to get the prg uca's but if I can save 100 bucks I'll get the camburgs. They have a bigger uniball also, which I'm told allows for a stronger part, as well as more travel. The downside is that the camburgs don't have adjustable heims like the prg, but I'm sure they will work great though.

If anyone has anything to add or insight for me that would be great. I'm having a hard time picking a brand of uca, but my bday is Saturday!

·
"Seahawks Hater"
4,147 Posts
The stock " ball joints" on my truck were trashed and I would never re-use a high mileage wear n tear part.

I used to have real bad shaking at the wheel, gone with new ucas. Prg

·
Premium Member
10,869 Posts
The stock " ball joints" on my truck were trashed and I would never re-use a high mileage wear n tear part.

Not sure if you are just stating that you would not re-use old ball joints or if you are still thinking that the LR UCA's re-use the stock "high mileage" ball joints. To be clear, they do not, they come with brand new ball joints that are the same style as OEM.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
LR UCA's do not use the stock ball joint, they utilize an "OEM Style" ball joint is all. The come with ball joints that just look exactly like stock. If they fail, you can indeed replace individual ball joints...

Light Racing Replacement Ball Joint

Well FFS! Maybe the LR ones will be adequate then! I just don't wanna buy twice and cry twice. I did that already with my 5100/OME ordeal... This has been the hardest decision yet for parts on my tundra!!!

·
Premium Member
10,869 Posts
Well FFS! Maybe the LR ones will be adequate then! I just don't wanna buy twice and cry twice. I did that already with my 5100/OME ordeal... This has been the hardest decision yet for parts on my tundra!!!
If you go with LR check out Fat Bobs Garage, they are $400 and that is the cheapest I have been able to find them (other than when Sierra Expeditions had them on sale and it was an error but I missed it, Brock got that deal though and it was cheap).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts