Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

I have a 2007 genII 5.7 Tundra that I plan to use for offroad/desert racing. Would anybody know how can I safely disable ABS without disabling/affecting other sustems like traction control/4wd etc?

Please help!

·
Registered
131 Posts
I always pull the ABS fuse with my trucks hitting the dirt at speeds.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have also been looking for this info. I have just been removing the fuses. However doing this renders 4wd useless. Now, i know that its not a huge deal, however once you get caught in a sand box you have to reinstall fuses. But off-road the truck is 1000 times better. It stops on a dime!:D

·
Registered
4,489 Posts
I always pull the ABS fuse with my trucks hitting the dirt at speeds.
Which specific fuse do you pull and how does the truck act? Any side effects? Do you lose 4wd like this guy?:

I have also been looking for this info. I have just been removing the fuses. However doing this renders 4wd useless. Now, i know that its not a huge deal, however once you get caught in a sand box you have to reinstall fuses. But off-road the truck is 1000 times better. It stops on a dime!:D

·
Registered
17 Posts
The two fuses I am pointing to are what I have been removing. The dash certainly lights up. Like I mentioned, doing this renders 4wd usless. All traction control is also off. Once I put the fuses back in, all is happy again and the dash goes back to normal. I am just hoping to find a different way so that I can still use 4WD.

·
Registered
212 Posts
You might run wires from the fuse contact points to a switch on the dash and use an inline fuse of the proper amperage. At those amperage you would need a hefty switch and wire though. This would allow for quicker, easier switching at least. Wonder if you disconnect the ABS fuses while in 4WD if it will stay in 4WD but loose ABS. Also wonder if you can "reconnect" the ABS on the fly or if you need to shut the truck down for it to work again.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Im not willing to lose 4wd, but I do hate the abs in soft sand and snow/ice

wonder if there is an ECU hack or tuner that can disable it?
That is exactly my struggle! I also don't want to lose 4wd, but at this point I am not sure how else to do it.

I have a Bully Dog Tuner and currently there is no way to disable ABS through it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts