Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did my grill came out ok but my SR5 came with the rock chip clear plastic. Well I taped off everything good but don't get PD on the clear film it's hard to get off.
When pulling off the extra PD it didn't want to come off at the seams it wanted to pull all of It off . Why is this? I'm going to do my badges tomorrow and just do a 2" over spray and see how it peels off.

Thinking of just ordering a oem black grill and go from there . I really don't like the chrome grill at all now .
Any help thanks guys .

·
Registered
452 Posts
i dipped mine no mater what i do it just gathers lint and other crap end up ordering a mesh grill off ebay

·
Registered
156 Posts
haha I was in the same boat. hated how it came out. I just ordered a mesh grille off ebay tonight. which one did you end up getting?

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Damn I was looking for a oem Black grill as well . Seen some guy on there selling an SR5 grill thought about it but he's an 85.7. Might just go and have mine rino'd .

·
Registered
156 Posts
get it rhino lined and let us know how it looks bro! I was curious, a few guys have some pics of that on here...I am not sure I like the matte finish anymore, thats why I went with a glossy finish on the grille with mesh in the middle. Also finally get to mount my lights behind the grill that way :)

·
Registered
452 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I ripped the first dip off the grill and did it again with 6 Coates . I think it turned out real nice and did my badges as well . Took my time taped everything off 5 hours later 6 Coates on everything . The hard part was taping and covering things up for the overspray . Ill see how long it last . Thanks guys for the info.

Oh it's very addictive

·
Registered
153 Posts
If you guys don't like the matte finish you can always use the Plastidip Glossifier on top of it....

Oh and where are the pics??? :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts