Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not a fan of chrome on the tundras so I dipped everything. Took a long time but it looks great. Also painted my calipers red.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle White
Before

Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Car Motor vehicle
After

Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Car Automotive tire

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive tire
Used a can of white plasti dip and a can of plasti dip glossifier

Tire Alloy wheel Automotive tire Wheel Auto part
Red calipers just make it look that much better

Auto part Vehicle brake Disc brake Automotive tire Tire
Applied 3 thick coats

Hood Automotive exterior Motor vehicle Car Grille
Color matches great

Vehicle Car Automotive mirror Auto part Rear-view mirror
Go pack go

Automotive exterior Vehicle Sky Car Auto part
Leafs have finally made the playoffs after 9 agonizing years
Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks.. I bought a caliper kit at canadian tire. Came with a caliper cleaner, a small can of paint and a brush for $25.

·
Registered
156 Posts
So, the white plasti-dip and glossifier was close to Super White?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Gotcha! Thanks! Will be painting my bumpers this weekend.

Tundra Monkey

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
The more Super White tundras I see with plasti-dipped bumpers and grille surround is driving me crazy. They all look so good without the chrome. I'm gonna have to set aside a weekend to do this. Truck looks really good. Did you take the bumpers and grille surround off to paint it, or just leave it on the truck and tape it off?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My bumper is factory white. I removed my grill to pd it. Very easy to remove and easier to work on.

Reactions: jwoutdoors

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Gotcha... I am wanting to paint my bumpers black since I have black fender flares, but there will be gap between the front of the flares and the bumper. I can't decide whether to paint that whole piece between the bumper and the grille surround black so it ties the flares in with the bumper or what to do.. :confused:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I say dip it and if you don't like it you can just peel it off. It's sometimes hard to visualize it in your head. It's a lot nicer when the final product is actually on the truck.

Reactions: jwoutdoors

·
Registered
430 Posts
First what a game last night,eh! Second the truck came out really nice . when my Magnetic grey '13 comes in the first thing I'm doing is the cali's, and with the rear anti roll bar that's TRD red should look good.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
First what a game last night,eh! Second the truck came out really nice . when my Magnetic grey '13 comes in the first thing I'm doing is the cali's, and with the rear anti roll bar that's TRD red should look good.
Thanks and what a game it was. The last 10 minutes almost gave me a heart attack. Leafs in Seven!

·
Registered
442 Posts
You did an awesome job! That truck looks great. I am going to tackle my rims one of these days. While I'm at it, you've given me some motivation to paint the calipers!

Reactions: Cheeezehed
1 - 20 of 20 Posts