Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to order a spacer lift up front for my 2010 rw. If I get a 2.5 or a 2.0 inch spacer lift for the front will I also need to get a differential drop?

·
Registered
761 Posts
Only necessary if you are going 3" or higher in the front...but never hurts to be safe ;)

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Reactions: RLA and Ogtoyfan

·
Registered
86 Posts
What does the drop consist of? I am thinking I need one.

·
Premium Member
5,489 Posts
I believe that the one we installed on mine had two spacers and new nuts and bolts. 5100's, 10k miles with no issues.

Reactions: RLA

·
Registered
452 Posts
ive got a 3'' spacer lift with a diff drop over 15k cv boots are just fine

Reactions: RLA

·
Registered
86 Posts
Thanks for the support and replies! Much appreciated!:D I have been feeling dumpy all weekend since I discovered I had some kind of issue in my front end.

Stock tires and wheels, I did a 2.25" spacer because I had added super lift rear springs. The rear springs gave me almost 4" of additional rear lift, so I had to do some thing. I added the spacers. When I finished, a month ago or so, I took it for a dry pavement drive and tried 4x4. Seemed fine, but I didn't do any tight turns. Now yesterday I got caught in a rain storm in the mountains, shifted into 4x4 and at moderate speeds my steering wheel was doing a wobble side to side movement. Wasn't not sure at first what was going on, thought mud in the wheel.:confused: Then I had to turn tight into a parking area, and it had the wheel hop like a binding in front axle. My old 79 ford would do the same thing in a tight turn while in 4x4. An how, I shifted out of 4x4 continued my drive home, washed all the mud off, got in shifted into 4x4 in my dry back yard, and did a tight circle, severe wobble and hop. No issues in 2x4. While washing discovered grease splatters inside drivers side wheel. Not sure what that is. Worried all night. Angle on cv's is pretty severe, so I started shopping for a dif. lowering kit. Man a lot to choose from.

Woke up ready to pull the super springs and spacers and go with bags.

What do you guys think? 1" or 2" drop?

Any how, thank you guys for the comments! I love this place.:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts