Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I just purchased the Rancho Quicklift Loaded coilovers. They will lift the front 2-2.25 inches so I am planning on doing the diff drop. The parts for the drop come in tonight and the coilovers come this Friday. Is it safe to put the diff drop on now so that I can get part of the job done or would the angles be too far off between now and when I get the shocks on?

I have a ‘12 RCSB 4x4 with the 5.7 if that’s necessary information.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
163 Posts
I'd say you are better off doing it all at one time. You could probably run with the lowered diff for a day or two, but not worth it, especially if the shocks get delayed, schedule problems to do the shocks, etc.

Hi all, I just purchased the Rancho Quicklift Loaded coilovers. They will lift the front 2-2.25 inches so I am planning on doing the diff drop. The parts for the drop come in tonight and the coilovers come this Friday. Is it safe to put the diff drop on now so that I can get part of the job done or would the angles be too far off between now and when I get the shocks on?

I have a ‘12 RCSB 4x4 with the 5.7 if that’s necessary information.

Thanks!

Reactions: CamoBlaze

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd say you are better off doing it all at one time. You could probably run with the lowered diff for a day or two, but not worth it, especially if the shocks get delayed, schedule problems to do the shocks, etc.

Alright! Thanks. I assume the same is true of the reverse? Don’t run the lift for a short period without the diff drop?

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I don't think the diff drop is going to hurt anything at all at stock height. You just lose a little ground clearance up front.

And for that lift you don't really need it either, so you can drive as long as you like without it once you get the struts on.

If you can, measure before and after heights to see exactly what you get, and put up a ride report. Some people with TRDs or Crewcabs have reported very little lift with those, but I think you'll get close to the stated amount.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't think the diff drop is going to hurt anything at all at stock height. You just lose a little ground clearance up front.

And for that lift you don't really need it either, so you can drive as long as you like without it once you get the struts on.

If you can, measure before and after heights to see exactly what you get, and put up a ride report. Some people with TRDs or Crewcabs have reported very little lift with those, but I think you'll get close to the stated amount.

Awesome thanks. Yeah, My understanding was that the TRD packages came with different springs stock making them already about an inch higher than the grade model. This meant the shocks were only going to provide an additional inch unless the lift springs from the TRD were swapped over. With the Crewmax, I assume weight worked against them a bit?

Anyways, thanks for the information!

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Ya, Crew has more weight on the front. Toyota specs a bunch of different springs apparently. TRD and Crew get longer ones. Ranchos only get 2" of lift on the lighter Tundras.

The 5100s get around this by using your stock spring. The Ranchos have adjustable damping which is nice. If you want more lift out of them you can install a couple Coach spacers. As I recall they are short struts (compared to most aftermarket which are a longer than stock) so making them a little longer shouldn't hurt anything.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ya, Crew has more weight on the front. Toyota specs a bunch of different springs apparently. TRD and Crew get longer ones. Ranchos only get 2" of lift on the lighter Tundras.

The 5100s get around this by using your stock spring. The Ranchos have adjustable damping which is nice. If you want more lift out of them you can install a couple Coach spacers. As I recall they are short struts (compared to most aftermarket which are a longer than stock) so making them a little longer shouldn't hurt anything.

Nice, thanks for the info. If I ever raise the rear, maybe I’ll toss some coach spacers in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.