Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

So being on a biased thread...lol...which of my builds do you like best?

581 - 589 of 589 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hey Dawg. Awesome build!!! Might be the nicest 1794 in the USA. Great choice of all the components that went into your project. The pics were incredible,both the scenery and of your truck. Looking forward to your supercharger thread. Cheers!

Reactions: Desert Dawg

·
Premium Member
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #582 ·
Hey Dawg. Awesome build!!! Might be the nicest 1794 in the USA. Great choice of all the components that went into your project. The pics were incredible,both the scenery and of your truck. Looking forward to your supercharger thread. Cheers!
Thanks Plumber; may have had a few trial and errors but overall very pleased with the trucks functionality as a daily driver and weekend toy. Appreciate the compliments! :D

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hey Desert Dawg, I just joined this forum literally solely because of your build. It is fantastic I love it.

I just have a question about your tire size. I believe you were running a 295 60 20 and quoted it at 34.3 in tall? The only reason I ask is because I'm trying to replicate the same exact setup and my tire calculator is telling me that the 295 60-20 is 33.9 in tall?

Again I'm new here and relatively new to lift levels offsets xcetera loving the content so far
Dropped the truck off at Desert Rat; everything was there and laid out for the installation so I am stoked!

Wheels and tires were mounted and should look good with the Sky Silver and black themed truck:

Toytec BOSS system with Light Racing UCAs (not shown are the Coachbuilder shackles):

I am a little worried about the wheels and tires. I know folks are fitting 35s with various offset wheels, but both the tire guy and shop tech commented on my combo thinking the tires/wheels may be too big (34.3 inches tall and 11.7 inches wide on the 20x9 wheels with +18MM). I assured them that guys on the forums are fitting more aggressive combos so mine should fit (with crossed fingers behind my back). If the forums say so, it must be so...lol. :D
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #584 · (Edited)
Hey Desert Dawg, I just joined this forum literally solely because of your build. It is fantastic I love it.

I just have a question about your tire size. I believe you were running a 295 60 20 and quoted it at 34.3 in tall? The only reason I ask is because I'm trying to replicate the same exact setup and my tire calculator is telling me that the 295 60-20 is 33.9 in tall?

Again I'm new here and relatively new to lift levels offsets xcetera loving the content so far

Thanks JRR14...glad I could inspire you to join the forum. Great bunch of foks here and tons of info so I certainly enjoyed being here!

Regarding the tires, the calculators are general measurements without considering tire tread shoulder/block designs which can add height and overall width and can vary a bit by manufacturer; wheel width will play a factor too. For the Cooper STT PRO, you can check out the size specs here which shows their LT295/60R20 at 34.3 inches tall; Cooper Discoverer STT PRO | Cooper Tire.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Thanks JRR14...glad I could inspire you to join the forum. Great bunch of foks here and tons of info so I certainly enjoyed being here!

Regarding the tires, the calculators are general measurements without considering tire tread shoulder/block designs which can add height and overall width and can vary a bit by manufacturer; wheel width will play a factor too. For the Cooper STT PRO, you can check out the size specs here which shows their LT295/60R20 at 34.3 inches tall; Cooper Discoverer STT PRO | Cooper Tire.

Hope that helps.
Roger that, yeah it sure does. I will for sure be running game that overall diameter then, looks fantastic!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Holy crap... I bought a new white TRD Sport 4x4 last week. I just ordered a 4/2 lift for mine, all black XD Grenade wheels, and 295/65/20 Ridge Grapplers. I was really wondering how it was going to look, now I'm really excited. Desert Dawg's build was definitely filled with tons of info and gave me some great ideas as well. Thanks guys for all the info and picutres...

·
Premium Member
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #588 ·
Holy crap... I bought a new white TRD Sport 4x4 last week. I just ordered a 4/2 lift for mine, all black XD Grenade wheels, and 295/65/20 Ridge Grapplers. I was really wondering how it was going to look, now I'm really excited. Desert Dawg's build was definitely filled with tons of info and gave me some great ideas as well. Thanks guys for all the info and picutres...
Enjoyed reading about this build.
lol...awesome, glad I could help with some ideas! Congrats on the new rig too...looks great. I really think the 4/2 will look perfect and your wheel/tire combo will look great with against the white Sport!

·
Premium Member
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #589 ·
Another weekend bopping around Ouray, CO. Was supposed to be the annual Jeep Jamboree but thankfully wasn't as packed as in prior years. Didn't take too many shots but had a blast taking the Tundra up some pretty rocky trails. The Nitto Ridge Grapplers combined with the King/Total Chaos setup did great!

581 - 589 of 589 Posts