Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

So being on a biased thread...lol...which of my builds do you like best?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Premium Member
222 Posts
stoppit. STOP IT. it's so easy to dismiss stuff that I don't like, but if you keep doing all these mods that I DO like, I don't know if I'll be able to resist copying.

damn you.

· Premium Member
222 Posts
I really do dig that storage option. I'm planning to put an amp in that spot, though. I wonder if there would be enough room to do both. either way, the progress you're making on this truck is pretty awesome!

Reactions: Desert Dawg

· Premium Member
222 Posts
How deep is the storage with the lid closed?
I'm also interested in this info. I'm very tempted to get one for myself... as long as I can install the audio stuff and still have room, I'm in. assuming the storage is big enough to justify.

edit: also need infos on the tonneau cover... I'm looking for one of those myself, but I can't seem to find pricing on the one @Desert Dawg ordered. I'm kinda leaning towards the diamondback. i don't really like the way it fits the '14+ truck though.

· Premium Member
222 Posts
@Desert Dawg - I'm trying to figure out a couple of things that I think you can help with.

first, on that TRD Pro grille: it looks like you painted the "TOYOTA" denter text to match. is that true? If so, did it by chance match the center bumper valance before you painted it? I'm debating getting that grille but I want to keep the black parts. If the logo matches the bumper valance, then I'll keep the one I have. If not I'll probably get a black valance or paint both of them the same color. or some other combo that I come up with between now and then :D

second, how do you feel about the TRD exhaust? your tastes and mine seem to align for the most part, looking at this and your last two builds. I like clean, smooth, and not obnoxious. both to the eyes and to the ears. a new sound is welcome, but not if it's overly aggressive.

thanks!

· Premium Member
222 Posts
Not at all, in fact I gained quite a bit with the factory sidesteps gone and the AMP steps are out of the way tucked up under the door jambs.
thats good news. looking forward to seeing some more pics when you have them!

· Premium Member
222 Posts
I had to vote for the Bronco just because it's the coolest truck on that list (modified or otherwise). the 4 runner and of course the Tundra are close behind it, though.

· Premium Member
222 Posts
lol...yeah, a cooled bottle of Modelo makes for a nice Saturday afternoon. :beerchug:
I need to do that skid plate mod myself (plate is already off). I do not have any Modelo Especial, but I do have some ***** Modelo. Could I sub that in, or am I asking for trouble? I just want to be sure I do this mod correctly. Thanks!

:D

· Premium Member
222 Posts
I'm in the Dallas metroplex so we will see how it works here, I figure for 15 bucks what the heck.

No matter what when I go to West Texas I have to switch to XM anyways so it's probably a wash for me.
Howdy :)

I had a shorty on my F250 because the parking garage where I used to work destroyed my stock antenna. In Dallas proper, or really anywhere within about 20 miles of the antennas, it was fine. But, I live near Denton. Even the stock whippy antenna goes in and out of HD up here *sometimes* but the shorty did it *all the time*. That doesn't seem like a big deal but when it's constantly getting then losing the HD signal... it can get annoying. especially since there is no way to tell the radio to skip HD and avoid the bouncing back and forth. I've opted to keep the stock one on this truck because I don't have a parking garage to worry about anymore and I like HD radio. that shorty looks cool but it would drive me insane, lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.