Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got my decked system installed today Truck Bed Storage - Work and Play Cargo Organizers | Decked
, took about 3 hours with minimal swearing, was not complicated just time consuming assembling it. for the tundra you need to take out all the stock tiedown hoops bolted to the bed, they are secured with torx bolts, torx bolts are good at 1 thing..stripping..i replaced all of mine (8total) with regular bolts of the same size, because this system can be used in any toyota 5.7 bed i plan on keeping it if i sell the truck and didnt want to mess with torx bolts again...onto the good stuff

The system is SOLID the drawers are adjustable in pullout length, has drawer dividers(in the mail arriving tomorrow) and drain holes in case you use 1 divided section for a cooler. on the top i opted for 2 48in long aircraft tie down tracks, they can be mounted different lengths apart depending on how close you want them(these are also arriving tomrrow.)
Core Track - 48" L-track - Aircraft Aluminum Track Rigging

Each corner has an ammo can approx the size of a gallon milk carton, i have fit all my recovery gear (30ft toe strap, 30ft snatch strap, 20ft toe strap, snatch block, can of fix-0-flat, and about 4 reg size ratchet straps in all the cans) this leaves both drawers fully open, in 1 section ill have my "o shit bag" this leaves about 7-8 ft of combined drawer length, i would guess the drawers are about 18in deep, ill get an actual measurement if people are interested. the drawers roll out smoothly, there is no play, and they click back into place solidly. i took my time and lock tight every bolt i put in, which was only about 1/4 of them since the company supplies lock nuts with the rubber compound already in them (SMART)

At the end me and 2 buddies(600ishlbs combined) jumped all over the deck, kicked it, hit it with hammers, nothing budged, moved squeaked, it felt like we were on concrete...i went out and hit 2 speed bumps and didnt hear any bouncing or plastic rubbing...its a weak test and ultimately the desert washboard will be the deciding factor but its a good start...

total cost with add ons was 1200 shipped to my door

i can fit all my camp gear in the drawers minus chairs(which i can put behind my rear seat) and coolers (back seat as well) this leaves the bed open for fire wood, shooting targets, dirtbike, etc im very happy with the initial impression

i will update with offroad abuse stories in the weeks to come.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
540 Posts
Did you get your lifetime supply of Mother's products with it?
I was wondering the same thing about the Mothers products. With the drawers closed we can't tell if it was loaded up on delivery. :D
That system looks pretty stout and useful @Zackbremer, update us when you get some off road miles on it.

Reactions: StevenD

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the mothers products also shipped separately, my email says i have another freight delivery of tire shine arriving wednesday

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hate to bump an old thread but I've got questions. and thanks for the honest review. I've been wanting this system but it's still a little out of my price range. Two questions though. Did you ever get it out on the Desert and have fun, if so did it fault in any way. Second do you think bedlining would make a difference?

·
Registered
867 Posts
Hate to bump an old thread but I've got questions. and thanks for the honest review. I've been wanting this system but it's still a little out of my price range. Two questions though. Did you ever get it out on the Desert and have fun, if so did it fault in any way. Second do you think bedlining would make a difference?

I bought a used system that was originally on a Ram 1500 Shortbed for a Crewmax. I had to trim it a bit and it isn't a perfect fit for the bed (which I could buy separately if I really cared about the gaps on the side) but the drawers are the same dimension. It was half the price.

Mine was fairly beat up cosmetically and after cleaning out the wheels of the lithium grease that someone mistakenly used, it slides and closes well.

I think you need to have a bedliner installed before putting in the system, but I'm not positive on that. Maybe it makes a difference of spray-in vs. drop-in bedliner....

Overall it's solid and you'll gain a lot of storage.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts