Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone done anything interesting using the bolt holes for the Deck Rail Kit?
I'm not going to pay that much since I dont want to slide my anchor points around. But seems like I could put some eye-bolts or something in the rail mounting holes.

I really think there should be an anchor point on each side halfway back....

·
Registered
180 Posts
I had the guys at LineX cover those threaded holes before they sprayed in my bedliner. I then got some metric bolts to fit (I forgot the size) and bolted in some hooks. I used some hooks which were for joining links of a chain from Tractor Supply. Not super-strong but they've held everything I've tied down so far.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Bob,
Thats what I'm talking about. I was wondering about the bolt holes. Toyota did the spray-in and the holes look like they've been plastered. I need to try a bolt to see if the threads will still function....

It would have been great if they would put a bolt thread or two on either side down lower at the level of the tie down cleats. Those rail holes are way up top, but they'll work I guess.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Info.

The bolts you will need are #6, can't remember the thread pitch, but I'm pretty sure 18/20.
Good info. Would you say they'd seat in about 3/4" deep?

I may actually have some eye bolts from a pipe awning project....

Edit: I just realized a #6 is only about 3/16", Thats a pretty tiny bolt diameter, maybe eye bolts aren't a good idea after all.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I tapped the holes out to 1/4" and installed stainless steel eye bolts. Come in handy :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts