Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took a few hours today cleaning the truck up. I was almost done when I started cleaning out the door's. Thats when I saw a small trail of ants relocating to a new spot in the truck.

Thats when I found a huge pile of fall foliage piled up 12" deep in the fender. I have been hearing all kinds of loose chatter for months. All the wind noise is now gone.

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
yep. I try to clean all the leaves off the drivers side before driving so they don't get packed in there.

·
Registered
66 Posts
That is nasty. Could you put gutter mesh or something similar up under the hood where all that enters at to help prevent this?

Reactions: Wacked

·
Premium Member
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Open your drivers side door, then look in the jam. You will see a rubber seal that seals the panel up. Just pull on it at the bottom and out will shoot a birds/rats/squirrel nest.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Hmm.. i've been hearing random noises lately that sounds like a small rock bouncing around for a split second and then done. Could be stuff falling down into this "trap". I will have to check it out

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Mine was the same way when I bought it. One leaf managed to keep about 6" of road dirt stuck in there. Now I check it a couple times a year and so far only find a couple of leaves and no dirt. Funny thing is, it is always on the drivers side. So far I have found nothing at all on the passengers side.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts