Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which mini pack are most people running for improved ride comfort on and off road? I understand that the deaver replaces the overload and icon replaces the middle two leafs but could also be run without the overload. I have read about the icon gaps and icon told me there is no redesign but they are coming out with a new set at the end of the year. I don't tow or carry much weight in my truck very often.

I am leaning towards the deavers but am looking for your opinions on which you feel is a better set. Thank you all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,023 Posts
I can only speak of the deaver, large improvement over stock.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have the Icons in the box waiting to go on but the finish doesn't look very good. I'm thinking about either repainting them with Chassis paint or having them powdercoated.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Awesome, what shock are you running or ran with them?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the Icons in the box waiting to go on but the finish doesn't look very good. I'm thinking about either repainting them with Chassis paint or having them powdercoated.

I have read a lot of complaints about finishes on springs, but I don't think it's just icon that can't paint things either. Kinda sucks...

·
Premium Member
3,023 Posts
Reactions: Trailmoose

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have the Icon pack, paint sucks, the little friction pads fell out of mine while getting a little crazy off-road, and honestly the ride didn't change drastically from stock. Ride got a little better but not a big change, and witch just a camper shell, full size spare and floor jack I'm on the overloads... if you're looking for off-road performance and don't haul or tow go deaver to ditch the stupid overload.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Here are a few pics...

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have the Icon pack, paint sucks, the little friction pads fell out of mine while getting a little crazy off-road, and honestly the ride didn't change drastically from stock. Ride got a little better but not a big change, and witch just a camper shell, full size spare and floor jack I'm on the overloads... if you're looking for off-road performance and don't haul or tow go deaver to ditch the stupid overload.

Thanks for the info, you just made that decision easy!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Thanks for the info, you just made that decision easy!

Glad I could help bud! Be sure to post a review of the deaver mini pack! I don't think anyone has posted one yet.

·
Registered
784 Posts
I thought I heard the Deavers only claimed like 3/4" lift but their website says 1.5". Or maybe it was the other way around and they claimed 1.5" and people netted 3/4". What did you end up with?

·
Premium Member
3,023 Posts
I thought I heard the Deavers only claimed like 3/4" lift but their website says 1.5". Or maybe it was the other way around and they claimed 1.5" and people netted 3/4". What did you end up with?
Id say about 1.5" roughly.

·
Premium Member
3,023 Posts
I had removed a 1" block and the overload spring and now it looks like the back is about a half inch lower.

Reactions: GR8White
1 - 13 of 13 Posts