Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I've been having lots of issues with the Truck to get it running right with the AEM FI/C-8
Symptoms started when the truck started pulling under throttle, then about 3 days ago the truck just turned off on me under light throttle when getting in the highway. And today it turned off on me again, now when I turn it on it smokes out of the exhaust like crazy and I get blow-by gases from the oil cap.

My recommendation to you guys is to stay away from the AEM if you have a FlexFuel Tundra.

·
Premium Member
5,489 Posts
That's to bad. Hope it's nothing to major.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Piston rings or valves?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Piston rings or valves?

Most likely piston rings... I wouldn't suggest for you to use the AEM on your truck. It starts acting up within a week or so, like it cuts off your fuel.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Im going with the haltec. Chris is going to wire it up when he comes down to houston. I found a none ff motor for 4k if you need one.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Made me cringe...

Reactions: Mr. Creosote

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
damn that sucks.
I remember you mentioned it not working right...can't control it after 4k or something like that...may be you got the bad unit? I guess you never replace it and now thing blows up? A few guys with turbo didn't have any issue???

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
damn that sucks.
I remember you mentioned it not working right...can't control it after 4k or something like that...may be you got the bad unit? I guess you never replace it and now thing blows up? A few guys with turbo didn't have any issue???
It never did work as advertised. It triggered almost every light in the dash.
I also did a compression test and all pistons have 180+psi besides one on the drivers side piston #5 has 30-35psi and the spark plug was full of oil.

Btw, what does your brother say? Lol
Thank god that he came from Alaska and he was the one using it lol. It had been parked for almost a good month cause I finally stopped going thru transmissions on my Turbo silverado and got it running.

·
Registered
13,899 Posts
Where you planning on tearing it down when you get a chance to find out what failed?

I am curious as I have a flex and thought about doing forced induction ( more likely turbo tho)...

Maybe it is just a severely blown head gasket? doesn't sound like a burn't up piston...

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Where you planning on tearing it down when you get a chance to find out what failed?

I am curious as I have a flex and thought about doing forced induction ( more likely turbo tho)...

Maybe it is just a severely blown head gasket? doesn't sound like a burn't up piston...
It's a piston... Piston #5 has low compression (30psi) and whenever I plug in the coil pack it starts burning up oil like crazy.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Can't view the video says its private but sorry to see this but looking forward to the build

·
Registered
13,899 Posts
Cylinders can lose compression for numerous reasons, could be rings, could be cracked piston, could be... could be...

That was why I was asking.

Are you using this block for the build of the new monster?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts