Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My local dealer said that it would be around $1100 for a 3/1 on my 2013 Tundra. What have others paid? A dealership a couple hours away quoted the same for my old tacoma. Pretty steep price in my opinion. I am assuming that includes an alignment and speedo re-cal.

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
way too much look around or do it yourself

Reactions: khoanguyen1983

·
Registered
715 Posts
My local dealer said that it would be around $1100 for a 3/1 on my 2013 Tundra. What have others paid? A dealership a couple hours away quoted the same for my old tacoma. Pretty steep price in my opinion. I am assuming that includes an alignment and speedo re-cal.
Way too high. Mine was 100 for install, alignment was another 100. Make sure you get it aligned at a good place because your typical shop will try to align to factory specs

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
320 Posts
My local dealer offered one for $485 parts, install, and alignment on a Pro Comp 3/1. I am having them do a Pro Comp Pro Runner adjustable shock kit (similar to Bilstein kit) for around $625 with eveything. That includes four shocks, install, and alignment.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Just got my 3/1 ReadyLift done at a Toyota dealership last week. $840 for the kit and installation. Other Toyota dealers are charging anywhere from $1000 to $1200 for the exact same kit.

I chose to have a Toyota dealer install mine. Sure the Magnuson Moss Act is suppose to protect us if steering racks blow and it's not related to the lift, but I don't feel like paying a lawyer to prove I'm right. The few hundred dollars more that I paid the dealer is much cheaper than $300 per hour for a lawyer.

·
Premium Member
8,115 Posts
My local dealer offered one for $485 parts, install, and alignment on a Pro Comp 3/1. I am having them do a Pro Comp Pro Runner adjustable shock kit (similar to Bilstein kit) for around $625 with eveything. That includes four shocks, install, and alignment.
WOW, My dealer wanted 600.00 just to install Biltstein 5100's and then the alignment would be on top of that. I laughed and decided to install them myself. Before I got a chance, I realized the CST Spindles were a much better way to go and I bought them and put them on myself. Also the Coachbuilder shackles in the rear.....loving it.

Sold my front 5100's on here but installed the rears when I put in the shackles.

·
Super Moderator
5,324 Posts
WOW, My dealer wanted 600.00 just to install Biltstein 5100's and then the alignment would be on top of that. I laughed and decided to install them myself. Before I got a chance, I realized the CST Spindles were a much better way to go and I bought them and put them on myself. Also the Coachbuilder shackles in the rear.....loving it.

Sold my front 5100's on here but installed the rears when I put in the shackles.
My dealer wanted a grand to install my spindles. I got it done for $250!

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just got my 3/1 ReadyLift done at a Toyota dealership last week. $840 for the kit and installation. Other Toyota dealers are charging anywhere from $1000 to $1200 for the exact same kit.

I chose to have a Toyota dealer install mine. Sure the Magnuson Moss Act is suppose to protect us if steering racks blow and it's not related to the lift, but I don't feel like paying a lawyer to prove I'm right. The few hundred dollars more that I paid the dealer is much cheaper than $300 per hour for a lawyer.
Warranty is the only reason why I am considering having the dealership do it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
dealership and warranty have nothing to do with each other. and the 3/1 kit dossnt void it? so why would you want to pay extra just for the dealer to do it?

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
dealership and warranty have nothing to do with each other. and the 3/1 kit dossnt void it? so why would you want to pay extra just for the dealer to do it?
It would be a lot easier to have warranty work done if the dealer installed it. Although I can probably do just as good a job or better than the dealer I don't want to have any trouble with them if I have any issues.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I know this is an old thread being revived.. was doing searches for ProComp level kits and came across this thread.

Any thoughts on this quote I got for my truck from a local Off-Road Specialty Shop? Too much? My goal is to put some 305/55/20s.

ProComp 2" Level

$299 parts/labor
$89 alignment

After reading some of you had yours done by dealership, I called the dealership down the road from my work (thinking I can get this done during the day while I'm a work) but they said they don't do these installs. :(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts