Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Something I felt was humorous enough to share...

So I swing by my dealer for a 12:30 oil change appointment ( third under toyota care... flex fuel @ 15k miles) during lunch today. I was quoted an hour, so I figured what the hell.

I walk across the street to grab some lunch, come back about 30 minutes later, and my truck remains near where I parked it (because the idiots are so disorganized they start and shut off my truck numerous times to "move it up" in the service area, before a bay is available...pisses me off, but not the real reason I am posting). Shortly there after, they attempt to get it in a bay...4 times. They have to keep repositioning so the tech can get out of the door adjacent to his lift post....again, shutting it off each time. Now I'm getting pissed.

I am able to watch them from the window of the waiting room, and they rotate the tires, do their inspection, etc. then, they drop the truck, pull it out, and head to the wash (even though I told them not to wash it). I walk out and say, "why didn't they change the oil?" and the service writer responds, "it's due every 10k miles, not every 5k. Flex fuels are the only trucks that get the synthetic changes every 5 thousand". I replied that it was a flex fuel, and it should be changed.

His reply? "Oh, they didn't see the badge, so they didn't think it was flex fuel". Are you f*cking serious? Did they know it was a Tundra, because that badge isn't there either! How about a 4x4 when they are under the truck? That badge isn't there either!

Long story short, he tried to tell me they don't know without the badge...apparently the different engine code in their system doesn't mean anything. I suppose the VIN doesn't tell them shit. Ha!

Figured I'd share...

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
5,489 Posts
Damn, they'd be lost with my truck, only a Toyota emblem on the grill

Reactions: 2012CMINCO

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts
Hell, you should have had them install a supercharger

·
Premium Member
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm sure when Powertechn2 sees this he will know which dealer...same one that jacked up his RW wheels. I ought to avoid that place like the plague - just taking advantage of the ToyotaCare garbage.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts