Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
13,620 Posts
nope, a light bulb is a light bulb, no different than buying a sylvania h11 vs a toyota parts dept h11...

the bulbs from ddm are kinda cheapish, but they all are...

the tabs break off when you tighten them if you go too far, they do not fully lock in like a stock bulb does.

how do i know?

cuz i broke one of mine today lol hahaha

but at 40 bucks its still cheap.

i also bought some of their led's and they are pretty good so far.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Is there a better alternative out there? I did the search and came up with DirectJG but it appears there was some confrontation between he and management. Are the DDM's the same units he was selling? I don't want to spend a ton of money but if you get what you pay for these DDM's seem pretty friggin cheap!

·
Registered
580 Posts
Is there a better alternative out there? I did the search and came up with DirectJG but it appears there was some confrontation between he and management. Are the DDM's the same units he was selling? I don't want to spend a ton of money but if you get what you pay for these DDM's seem pretty friggin cheap!
DirectJG gets his HIDs directly from DDMtuning and sells them for a profit.

·
Registered
13,620 Posts
well, they are sending me new bulbs, and a new led bulb to replace my defective one...

n/c, no shipping back, nothing...

·
Registered
422 Posts
I picked up a kit locally from DDM SD. Running the 35w kit and it is almost too bright - I love it. Do yourself a favor and pick up the ballast brackets for a buck a piece, and run the Raptor and not the Slim ballast.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Love their warranty... My ballast for the low beam went out last week and they are sending me a replacement. However, I'm just going to use these ballasts as spares for my fogs and thinking of just buying some Sylvania bulbs.

·
Premium Member
827 Posts
I recently got a set of DDM or at least I suppose they are didn't say anything DDM related and came from China I'm very particular and noticed the ballast and kit looked like one I had about 6 months ago that lasted a month I mean literally the same thing. So yes these things are def mass produced yes $30 is cheap but I went ahead and sold them and are opting for a set from the retrofitsource.com

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
13 Posts
I recently got a set of DDM or at least I suppose they are didn't say anything DDM related and came from China I'm very particular and noticed the ballast and kit looked like one I had about 6 months ago that lasted a month I mean literally the same thing. So yes these things are def mass produced yes $30 is cheap but I went ahead and sold them and are opting for a set from the retrofitsource.com

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Yup. DDM is garbage. The only aftermarket ballasts are Morimoto.

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
^ Nope... had 2 sets on 2 cars each for 2+ years... no problems.

Over pay if you want but they are all Chinese, all assembled in the same plant, and they just put different casings on them.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Mass productions = higher % of getting a defected part.

I have mine for 2 years now as well, no problems. If it goes out, send it back to DDM and hey'll send you a new set

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
Also, the tracking # they sent me was INVALID. This took 2 emails to them to figure out why it was invalid. Well found out they charged me $13 for Fedex shipping and then sent the package USPS!!!! :mad: The tracking # in the email was a link to Fedex and it was invalid because it was a USPS tracking #. USPS is cheaper and they charged me for Fedex? Am i the only one that thinks they are steeling my money? :mad: :rolleyes:
FedEx started a program over the past year or two that works like this....

If the item meets a specific size/weight threshold, FedEx teams with USPS.

FedEx picks up the item from the shipper and gets it to the destination city. USPS picks up the package and delivers it to the final destination.

In the end, the customer seems to be paying for something they didn't fully get. Tracking a lost package is no longer a closed loop.

I don't know much more than that about the program - just ran into similar situations and made an inquiry to FedEx about it.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts