Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
13,957 Posts
yes, it is the game of chance getting the right peeps on the phone, much like even getting in the right register line at the walmart...

sometimes its a re-re... sometimes its a cool person that knows whats up.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I've bought 5 sets of DDM HID's. Not a problem with any of them, and no credit card problems. I think I paid with Paypal on all of them, which is probably why I didn't get charged multiple times.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I've bought 5 sets of DDM HID's. Not a problem with any of them, and no credit card problems. I think I paid with Paypal on all of them, which is probably why I didn't get charged multiple times.
thats good! im glad for you. this goes to show its the luck of the draw lol. im calling you next time i need to order some :D

·
Registered
73 Posts
I got the 55w lows and 55w fog lights. They only charged once, and shipping was only like 10 days. I am pleased from that perspective.

But HOLY CRAP these things are bright, and I'm very concerned about the heat they put off (especially in the fog light enclosures). We'll see...

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
I had these for my subaru and they were definately a great purchase. Now having a Tundra I have a few questions.

Has anyone had heat problems with 55W in the fog lights.

Someone also mentioned they adjusted their headlight leveler setting to 1.5, has anyone experienced any problems with the leveling headlights, i.e. the leveler doesn't work anymore.

Anyone received any warning or error codes after installing

Can someone confirm Bulb types - H11 for low beams and 9145/H10 for fogs?

What is bulb type for the low beams and fog lights for a 2011 Tundra.

And finally, have you guys been purchasing the harness with your sets?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have only had them in for less than 24 hours, but I am *very* concerned about the heat in the fogs. I put my hand on them after ~ 10 minutes of operation and they are HOT!

My leveler works just fine, no issues.

No error code for me, using 55w lows and 55w fogs.

For bulb types, see OSRAM SYLVANIA - Replacement Guide - Start. But you are right, H11 for low beams and 9145 for fogs.

Mine came with all the wiring I needed - in fact, the H11s came with some extra pigtails that confused the #### out of me for a while. ;-)

I used 3M super tape to affix the ballasts. It was really easy.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have 35w fog and low work great no need for 55w bright enough already

·
Registered
153 Posts
I have ordered 3 sets, 1 for the Tundra and 1 for our Odyssey (since shipping would be the same for just 1 set). Bought the other set for the Father in law as a Christmas present for his Accord. Both orders took a little bit of time, but since I was aware of the possibility that it would...it didn't bother me.

Installed all of the lights using their website pdf's for the installation and haven't had any issues with them.

Got the 35W 6K raptor kits for all 3.

VERY pleased, just hope I don't have to contact them to resolve an issue :fingers crossed:

Matt

·
"Resident Liberal"
12,237 Posts
Reactions: Plex

·
Registered
73 Posts
I had serious issues getting the headlights to fire. I had to turn them off and on several times before they'd both fire up. Looked like an idiot sitting there flashing one headlight off and on til the second one fired.

With the relay, it fires the first time, every time. It's well worth the $15.

·
Registered
102 Posts
i ordered my 6k's from DDM. I didn't like the fact that they were shipping from China. but now that i've received my product, i think they are excellent HIDs.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Has anyone mixed the 55w and the 35w? I was concerned about the 55w being too hot in the fogs so I figure I would do the 35 in those. If I got both of those at 6k would there be that much of a color difference?

Reactions: Mr. Creosote

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
I am running the 55w low beams in a 6K bulb and 35w fogs in a 5k bulb... They match perfectly.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have the harnes and I still have to turn my lights on and off several times before they both fire and come on. I think I may have the harness hooked up incorrectly but due to the lack of support from DDM I may never know. I will keep these lights until they fail and will not replace them with DDM.

·
Registered
832 Posts
I have had 55W DDM's for 5 months and no problems! (Sorry about the cell pic, it's all I had at the time)

·
"Mallard Mafia"
1,732 Posts
I've had my headlights for about 3 months and just got around to getting fogs to match. I ordered the slims in 35w 6k which is what my lows are. I hooked them up and as soon as I looked down one of them had smoke bellowing out from the back of the bulb. No clue what happened. Rather than calling them, I just ordered a set of replacement bulbs at $15 and if these do it, I'll leave the fogs stock. By the way, no problems with the lows. I love them.

·
"Resident Liberal"
12,237 Posts
i got a whole 35watt 3000K set of fogs shipped to my door for 30 bucks. Plug and Play.

Crappy cell phone pic.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I've had the 35w slim for the better part of a year and still no issues, I use them almost daily

·
Registered
62 Posts
I see nothing on DDM's website specific to Toyota, I'm guessing an H-11 is an H-11 and they aren't specific to vehicles, just the bulb type since it uses the existing wiring harness?
I want bright white (not obnoxiously bright) for my low beams so I think I need the 35W/6000 somebody please correct me if I'm wrong please.
I can't believe I can get an HID kit for $40.00...am I missing something???

21 - 40 of 54 Posts