Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Bought some HIDs for my tahoe a while back. They worked great but took about 3 weeks to get here (thought that was normal for HIDs) Had a friend order some a month before me and they took 4 weeks to get to the door. The highs for the tahoe didn't fit so i had to use a different 0 ring off of some silverstars i had laying arround but after that i was completely happy with the product with no problems and ran them for 2 yrs.

I ordered for my new tundra.. here goes the 4 week shipping again lol. It takes 2 weeks for them to actually ship it out, then for some reason it takes another 1-2 for them to get to the door. They do keep you posted with your product.. like one day i got an email that said oder acknowledged another day they said order packed and another said the order was shipped out (these emails were spread out over 2 weeks) Also, the tracking # they sent me was INVALID. This took 2 emails to them to figure out why it was invalid. Well found out they charged me $13 for Fedex shipping and then sent the package USPS!!!! :mad: The tracking # in the email was a link to Fedex and it was invalid because it was a USPS tracking #. USPS is cheaper and they charged me for Fedex? Am i the only one that thinks they are steeling my money? :mad:

That being said the quality of the product from DDMtuning is worth it. I cant wate to put them in :rolleyes:

·
Registered
134 Posts
They are kind of a pain to deal with. They charged my card three times and it took several calls and waiting on hold to straighten it out. I love the lights though. They are really bright. Kinda worried too bright.

·
Registered
4,945 Posts
they were shipped to my door in less than 5 days? and i have run them for over a year now and they still fire perfectly and they were only 55 for lows and fogs together, idk why yall are having problems with them lol

·
Premium Member
1,984 Posts
they were shipped to my door in less than 5 days? and i have run them for over a year now and they still fire perfectly and they were only 55 for lows and fogs together, idk why yall are having problems with them lol
One of the few advantages of living in So Cal!

·
Premium Member
10,466 Posts
The wait time depends on if they just received the shipment from China, etc..And then if you choose 2 day shipping, etc. I just waited 4 weeks for just ONE ballast. But was not in a hurry as it was for one of my fogs.

If you read on their Facebook page, you can see how these things have to come through customs, etc and all the hold up...Then they have to ship under a different name just about everytime, as aftermarket HID's are not legal. So they ship under many different names out of China etc when shipping. This way they can get them into the country..Read that on several different forums. Interesting if this be the case.

·
Premium Member
891 Posts
wow...I got mine in like 6 days. Sucks to hear that some of you guys were waiting 4+ weeks!!

I love mine, I just got the 35w for lows and fogs and couldn't been happier with output and with Toyota's adjusting headlights, I have them set at 1.5 and never been flashed once.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Kinda worried too bright.
haha yea i have been pulled over for them and the cop was going to write me a "failure to dim" ticket and when i showed him that the brights were not on, he yelled at me about getting them adjusted or something. :D he is just jealous :D

·
Registered
4,945 Posts
are hids really not legal? i havent had any trouble with them with local law enforcement, or inspection guys lol my exhaust gets me in more trouble and its not even that loud. then again most vehicles in texas are illegal in most other states

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
are hids really not legal? i havent had any trouble with them with local law enforcement, or inspection guys lol my exhaust gets me in more trouble and its not even that loud. then again most vehicles in texas are illegal in most other states
ha yea, aftermarket HID's are technically illegal but the general law enforcement has no clue what they are or that they are illegal or they just dont care. The only time you would hear about it was if you had a head on collision at night and a lawyer got word that there were illegal HIDs on a car. HID,s should be the least of your worries. Exhaust and tint are at the top and usually the only thing a police officer will bring up in a normal situation.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ha yea, aftermarket HID's are technically illegal but the general law enforcement has no clue what they are or that they are illegal or they just dont care. The only time you would hear about it was if you had a head on collision at night and a lawyer got word that there were illegal HIDs on a car. HID,s should be the least of your worries. Exhaust and tint are at the top and usually the only thing a police officer will bring up in a normal situation.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had the same experience, took 3 weeks to get here from China, no instructions or any information at all, just the lights and ballasts. Now I have a bad ballast, took a week of emails to get the return information, mailed it but forgot to put some unique number they give you on the outside, even though it was addressed to "Returns" after more phone calls, sent it back and waiting for the new ballast to turn up. Only about 3 months total. Not impressed with their customer service, even if the lights are worth it, I'll never do business with them again..
Stephen Zalewski

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I had the same experience, took 3 weeks to get here from China, no instructions or any information at all, just the lights and ballasts. Now I have a bad ballast, took a week of emails to get the return information, mailed it but forgot to put some unique number they give you on the outside, even though it was addressed to "Returns" after more phone calls, sent it back and waiting for the new ballast to turn up. Only about 3 months total. Not impressed with their customer service, even if the lights are worth it, I'll never do business with them again..
Stephen Zalewski
yea i now dont think ill do business with them again either

·
Registered
24 Posts
They are kind of a pain to deal with. They charged my card three times and it took several calls and waiting on hold to straighten it out. I love the lights though. They are really bright. Kinda worried too bright.
They did the same to me when I ordered some for my s10. Charged my account five times and caused it to overdraft. Took two days talking to the bank and DDM to straighten it out......the lights are pretty amazing once I got them though. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
13,620 Posts
after dealing with ddm before for my fj, and for my quad... vs dealing with vvme, ddm hands down is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy(breath) Yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better.

vvme told me i had to ship my bad ballast back to them... and not like them here at their location in the u.s. but them like over the long boat ride back to china... shipping was quoted at 130 bucks.

after i tried talking to them (vvme)( chinese peeps in china on phone) i emailed ( its easier, more time to translate i think) they said they would send me a ballast for 12 bucks shipping, then it changed to 10, so i paypal'd them 10 bucks late last week, like thursday or fri, and still have no tracking number...

i was actually just going to buy all new ddm's and keep the vvme's as backups, but would rather spend 10 bucks first.

ddm was helpful for me when i needed anything, even helped me make a kit for my quad... just now they do drop ship from china so shipping is a mother.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i think with ddm its the luck of the draw with everything. they charged my card a few times too and said something happend and so they canceled and i had to deal with the bank to sort my money out and "repurchase" i also have mad several phone calls and some are just stupid like they dont know what a head light is and others are cool as hell and will do anything they can to help you. i had a set that wasn't fitting and the product # was correct and the guy at ddm said if i send him a pic to prove it didnt fit he would send me another pair for free. thats when i changed to a different 0 ring and got it to fit and forgot to send the guy a pic lol oh well

ddm is so unpredictable its almost entertaining

1 - 20 of 54 Posts