Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm asking which is better because I placed my order over this past weekend and got an email saying the raptor were out of stock with no ETA. I had heard traptor was best bang for the buck. After I got the email on the out of stock I instantly ordered the slims. My card was charged for both. I called monday ande found out that the fri before they got the raptors in. So I was going to cancel one of the orders. Guy said the had already been shipped. So now I have both styles coming which should I keep? 1 kit is 6000k 35w lo, 6000k 35w fogs, and 35w 6000k bi xenon bulbs for the jeep.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Id keep the slim. They are digital as opposed to analog plus they are easier to hide. I've already installed 5 of these sets on my own cars and they work great!

·
Registered
383 Posts
I have the raptors and love them, the tundra has plenty of places to mount the bigger ballast. I've also heard on long trips the slims become less reliable and burn up or something. But they may have fixed these issues bc it's been about a year since I got my raptors.

·
Premium Member
1,984 Posts
Running slims and have had no trouble yet. Been about 8 months or so

·
Registered
383 Posts
Good to know^^

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
I heard the slims may have potential problems. I've had the raptors for a year and have no problems.

I have a friend w/ a Titan and he got the slims. The right headlight flickers and sometimes does not stay on.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I've had the slims for over a year and they're fine - I generally leave the house around 4:30AM every morning during the week so they get plenty of use

1 - 8 of 8 Posts