Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to fold up the rear seats in my 2017 double cab and noticed I can lift the seat bottom about 4 or 5 inches before I have to pull the latch. Is this normal or is something broken in the seat? Seems like it should stay down tight until the latch is pulled. Just want to confirm before I take it to the dealership.

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
I just finished cleaning my truck and saw this so I went outside to check it out.
On my 2014 DC I can lift it maybe an inch or so until I have to pull the latch.
That goes for both sides...

·
Registered
963 Posts
It should latch down sufficiently tight without more than an inch or so of play like 1lowlife said. Do you have the under seat storage bin? Anything keeping the seat from sitting down all the way? I sometimes keep a tarp or blanket on top of my under seat storage that I can sneak out from between the bin and the seat without lifting the seat; if I fold it the wrong way, it can keep the seat from latching in the down position, even it if looks like it's all they way down.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
4" - 5" IS NOT NORMAL.

Taking it to the dealer for a "fix".............................arrrrrrggggggg.

It's a very very very simple mechanical latching. I would counsel you to do your own detailed review of the condition and commit to rectifying it yourself. At the risk of stating the obvious you, Sir, have at least twice the smarts of the typical dealer technician. Maybe triple. Shit. Maybe quintuple.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.