Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

221 - 240 of 258 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Installed today. Took about an Hour, should have taken about 30 minutes but getting the top torx bolts next to the middle headrest was a PITA. Works as promised. Have to get some lithium grease. Now to figure out how to use the new found space. Thanks again Flatline for putting this together!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #222
No problem. I'm glad people could benefit.

I dont have any more left. If you want a set I need to have 10 people prepaid to make the order from the machine shop.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Without reading the last 15 pages..... I'm very interested in a set for my 2014 crew max. Is $50 still the standing price?
Its only for the DC

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #227
Hes complaining the holes arent the same size and not 100% a true circle. The front and rear holes on the bracket are not supposed to be the same size (like oem). Its so you can align the brackets to fit. The holes are pretty close to a circle.

He doesnt understand I suppose. He needs to have them reamed to true circles and this and that.

If you want to send them back for a refund please do so!

This was a favor to this community. If you want to bitch and complain Id rather not hear it, you can send them back and be without or cut your stock ones or pay a guy to draw you a file and cut them for about 250.00 a set.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I didn't mean to offend you with the quality comment. That's not what I was going for.

I ended up modifying the stock ones since they were thicker. Gave the ones I bought to a friend with a Tundra.

If you must know why I thought they were low quality then yeah, it looked like ray charles tried to punch holes in these used a ream & took care of that issue. I wasn't bummed about the holes being diff sizes. I was bummed about the holes not being holes.

The powder coat was thin and flaking off. the material used was also thinner than the factory stuff. IDK what material your guy used since it was powder coated but whatever.

I'm just giving my input, no need to get all offended over some criticism. For $55.00 & all the member reviews I expected a nice set of symmetrical tabs.

·
Registered
281 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #233
I can have a set cut but they will be bedliner finish. Unless another 20 members get a group buy to get the cost of powder coat affordable.

·
Banned
1,318 Posts
Get them without a coating you can get it done yourself, plus you don't even see them. I love the mod.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Another Satisfied Customer

I purchased the brackets for my 2016 5.7L SR5 double cab Tundra and am happy with the purchase.

It took me about an hour to complete the installation myself and I'm not always the best at these types of jobs. I can say that this was way easier than replacing spark plugs in my old 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee which was the last time I had to use a socket extender for anything. By the way, my socket extender was about 18" and I'm glad I had it for this job. The most difficult part of the job was just getting the latch near the middle of the seat to raise up and off for the seat to come free. The other difficult part was getting the holes lined back up to put the screws back in. But those two things only slowed me by about 10 minutes. I did this on my own so maybe another hand could have made getting the rear seat off the latch easier. The instructions were good for me.

Matt did great as a seller. Shipping was fast and packaging was good. Good communications too.

So, pretty good experience. The only thing I really don't like about all this is that Toyota didn't just do something like this in the first place. It should be a recall by Toyota imo. Oh well, now I have a happy home for my windshield shade and my pizza bags :)

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #236
I have gotten a few pms about this mod between logins. My wife had the baby and been focused on that. Anyways how many of you would be interested in a group buy? I have a few guys wanting powdercoat...

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #237
I have 8 sets in bedliner finish ready to ship. Shoot me a pm if you are interested. Price went up due to usps raising flatrate shipping. 57.00 shipped anywhere in the us.

·
Registered
2 Posts
whats the purpose in this mod?? I must be confused about what is going on with it... Could someone help me out here.

·
Banned
1,318 Posts
whats the purpose in this mod?? I must be confused about what is going on with it... Could someone help me out here.

Uhhh, so the rear seat can fold down and we can have easy access to the small space behind the seat. If you read and looked at pictures you can see people put amps, pizza bags, windshield shades, air compressor for air bags, and many other things there.
I don't understand your confussion. It is self explanatory, at least I thought so.

221 - 240 of 258 Posts