Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have replied to a few threads and read alot of others but wanted to start a new one on this issue as not finding what i am looking for.
From the start , 5 " lift installed and during install abs sensors were corroded and replaced $ 277 each. After install dash lite up ABS light, trac control stays on and VSC off, 4 hi/4lo flashing. Dealer plugs it in and comes up with needing ABS wire, sounds reasonable as i have read that numerous times on here. Talked with them today they are still looking into it but they say it now seems to be the ABS actuator, $$$.
I have read alot on here of this issue and most seem to fix by replacing a stretched wire or bad sensor. Some posts say about the ZPC but i am not having any issues when cornering at high speeds or it cutting out, it does seem a little sluggish since but i just chalked that up to the larger rims and tires. Also reading and AIP was mentioned and this did happen to me 2 years ago and was taken care of by the dealer, i just didnt realize actually what it was till now, this couldnt have anything to with what is happening now?
Going to be talking to the Dealer again tomorrow as well as the lift installer any ideas suggestions would be appreciated. I do love how the truck looks, just have to fix this issue. Pics are posted in the other sections.
Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Dealer has now confirmed that it is the ABS actuator, says the seal was deteriorated and let water in causing failure,also that the actuators output is 1 volt and is supposed to be 12 volts. Seems to be a big coincidence for this to all happen at same time, and they are blaming it on the rustproofing that ruined the rubber.
Truck is going back to the lift installer to check a few things who already did the ZPC with his diagnostic scanner and now obviously looking for a ABS actuator, on line i have found it for anywhere between $1400 and $2400. Anybody have suggestions on where to find one for a better price or any other things to check?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Damn thats an expensive fix, like you just paid double for your lift

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am away at work for a bit but looking like i will be ordering that ABS actuator sometime next week. I sure hope this fixes the problem it wont be a cheap part.Will post my findings. Thanks

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wanted to update and close this issue, it took alot of time and fiquiring but in the end the ABS actuator was the problem.The lift installer found a used rebuilt one that come out of Ontario for $700. It is odd that this all happened at the same time but glad it all is fixed and love the new look with the lift and tires. No regrets.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts