Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
The main point that they missed in that article is that "Made in America" does not necessarily mean "Made in the U.S.A."

·
Registered
413 Posts
i'll remember that next time my tow rope is towing a chevy, ford, or dodge down the road then i'll be sure to rub it in that my "jap" truck just saved his butt

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
Why not give points for the brand name being American also? Perhaps Ford should get more points than Chevrolet. Toyota should get 0 points. :dunno:

I wonder how much $$ people got to produce this crap.

·
Premium Member
13,349 Posts
First of all Mr. Dubois is a professor of sh!t. He has no clue what's here and who owns what. I guess the mentioning of Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep is owned by Fiat. Toyota only has 1 place here in the US? Dumb butt doesn't realize when you show bias you just screwed what credibilty you have. Anyone ever heard of this school he's a professor of? I guess that answered my question.

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
The main point that they missed in that article is that "Made in America" does not necessarily mean "Made in the U.S.A."
Funny, I was thinking the same thing.

My last two dodge trucks before fiat bought them out all had "made in Mexico" stamped right on the window sticker. Chevy will get you a "made in Canada" on their trucks. Ford pride themselves on made in America, and I will give them that. Now the cars...right. Corvette, same as ford trucks.

I'm not offended one bit with the article. I choose to spend my hard earned money when and where I please. I looked hard at the F150 EB, but just couldn't do it. With the last two dodge diesels I owned for a total of almost 8 years, I had more ruined trips, money sucking repairs and myself doing them usually at the most opportune time (sarcastic roll eyes). I'm done with that shit. I put out the challenge and Toyota answered. I gladly excepted. I have better things to do than spend my days off working on piles of crap all the time. Been there, done that.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Hey, I'm for Yugo.

Reactions: jakec2789

·
Premium Member
1,933 Posts
Funny but that is a list made mostly of vehicles I would be scared to own due to poor quality.

So am I reading right that this author took these cars apart piece by piece and examined the stamp on each? Really?

I'm going to go with no on that one and assume there was some very fuzzy math done here. So fuzzy, that the guy probably could not supply resources.

I'm suspect because there are vehicles on there built by an Italian company. Hmmm....

Reactions: Bad Dad's Camrys
1 - 12 of 12 Posts