Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have spent a few hours browsing all the forums for various mods I'd like to do to my truck today, but this one has stumped me.

I recently bought a 2011 Black Tundra, pretty much the basic package. Nothing fancy in it what-so-ever. Power windows and AC are pretty much it.

Now I found some pretty amazing headlights on amazon that I would LOVE to have in my truck:

[URL="http://www.amazon.com/AnzoUSA-111174-Projector-Headlight-Assembly/dp/B003ZIPUKY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1375560845&sr=8-1&keywords=2011+tundra+halo+headlights"[/URL]

I have a little wheel thing on my dash that lets me adjust the position of my lights, would this hinder me putting the new lights on? Secondly, I know I don't have any fancy HID lights on the truck (they're really bright, but not that blue-ish color you see in other HID on BMWs and such) so I wonder if these EXACT lights I linked would work?

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
yep.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A retrofit is taking the original lights and doing the ol "crack em open after baking and install the shit yourself" gig is it? Did that on my Lancer and it was good for several months, but I'd rather pay for some quality made ones.

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
If you don't want to do the work youself you can contact these guys and they can either install projector, halos etc in your headlight housing or you can buy a set of after market lights and they can do all of the mods to those lights and all you need to do is swap them out. Quality and what you want to do is up to you and your budget.

http://www.tundratalk.net/forums/ad...ow-stock-available-all-popular-platforms.html

·
Registered
122 Posts
or there are a few members here that will do it also in any custom way you'd like, big tundra and paz (not to try and steer you away from a site vendor though)

·
Banned
5,396 Posts
A retrofit is taking the original lights and doing the ol "crack em open after baking and install the shit yourself" gig is it? Did that on my Lancer and it was good for several months, but I'd rather pay for some quality made ones.
Pay to get them done from one if the members that do retrofit, it will be way quality then the aftermarket projectors. It will be more expensive but better qualities on everything plus u will get to choose exactly what u want as far as components. I'm speaking from experience cause I have a set of spider ccfl projector headlights and I'm goin to crack them open to upgrade all the components. I didn't pay much for them so it wasn't a total loss.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts