Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
-
I didn't like any of the aftermarket cell phone mount locations for the Tundra, so I came up with my own. In my last truck (4runner) I had used a Proclip bracket/mount that attached to the vent. Like this one.

I sold that truck but kept the bracket and modified it for this application. The old mount was a nice thick thermoplastic so I decided to repurpose it. I heated it up, flattened it out, reheated again, made a new bend, trimmed it to fit, attached it under the dash lip with 3M Automotive tape (awesome stuff), and stuck an Otterbox belt clip holster to it. It doesn't block my view of the road but I don't have to take my eyes very far off the road to see it, and the only thing it blocks on my dash is the hazard lights button.

This bracket could replicated with a lot of different things, as it's basically just an L-bracket with a steeper bend in it. I'm a little surprised I hadn't seen anyone else mount their phone in this location.

Attachments

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Here are pictures of the mount location for the Prodigy trailer brake controller. Others here have used this mount location as well. I also attached my wireless Airbag suspension controller to the dash with velcro so I can use it outside my truck if needed.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts