Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Driving home from work approaching a light, some F$&k swerves abruptly into my lane with no blinker or anything... Natural reaction - move away from the car about to hit me. Too bad I went right into a effing curb.... Catch up to the lady and she's on a cell phone and still had no clue what she just did. Go figure. Anyway, it's not deep into the wheel, just the surface black finish is gone. I'm thinking some plasti dip will do the trick, but it still effing sucks. Thoughts? Tire Alloy wheel Rim Wheel Automotive tire

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
If you mean that white mark, I would try to just touch it up first with a sharpie prolly...

sharpies work wonders, however not as permanent as they claim.

Try that and report back.
PD would require doing then entire wheel which in turn means at least the wheels on that side, which unless you are a Schmuck(R) ( I can say that term legally) you would at that point do all 4....

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I'm sure they have them where you are in colorado we have mobile wheel repair guys who will come to you and perfectly restore the wheel in about an hour. I have used them a few times and wheels always look new.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
507 Posts
Colorado????

·
Registered
47 Posts
try a oil based paint pen...they work great!! simple to use and to the naked eye they will never notice!!
trust me on this 1! as I also have black wheels

·
Premium Member
1,933 Posts
Good advice here. Glad I went with an 18. It's nice to ignore curbs.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Good advice here. Glad I went with an 18. It's nice to ignore curbs.
I have 18's too... It was a large curb... Lmao.

I'll look into the wheel restore guys, i like the idea a lot better than a pen... I'm sure there's some here in Cali where every rice burner and SUV is running huge wheels and low profile tires...

·
Premium Member
1,933 Posts
I have 18's too... It was a large curb... Lmao.

I'll look into the wheel restore guys, i like the idea a lot better than a pen... I'm sure there's some here in Cali where every rice burner and SUV is running huge wheels and low profile tires...

Dammit!!! We MUST get bigger tires! :p

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
That's what I was going to suggest as well. Need more sidewall. Or fatter track width (within tire manufacturer specifications for minimum wheel width of course) so that the wheels are far from the edge.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Dang. You boys are rough on the poor little ol curbs. That's a nasty rash there brother. Bet some of BDT's foot cream would clear it right up!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Reactions: Jesco and Dragos28
1 - 20 of 22 Posts