Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone added small dim lights in that area. When driving in the dark I can't see anything down there and I constantly have my phone in that area or a drink in the cupholder.

Maybe I could just tap into one of the cig lighters? I'm not sure if it's possible to tie into the dash lights at some point so it's not always on but there is a ledge that they could possibly be hidden under.

Would love a link to a thread if someone has already done this.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Has anyone added small dim lights in that area. When driving in the dark I can't see anything down there and I constantly have my phone in that area or a drink in the cupholder.

Maybe I could just tap into one of the cig lighters? I'm not sure if it's possible to tie into the dash lights at some point so it's not always on but there is a ledge that they could possibly be hidden under.

Would love a link to a thread if someone has already done this.
Are the ambient lighting on dash and ashtray light gone on all 2014's or do the platinum and 1794 still have it? My 2010 crewmax limited has both lights.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Many people with other vehicles add products similar to that in the video for the same reason you describe or for just a different "look." Most I have seen used hold up pretty well over time. If you search cup holder lights you will find tons of ideas at varying price points.

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
I want to install some LED ambient lighting in my console, cupholder area

Old thread but may help someone someday. 2015 CM, 1794 LE has no ambient lighting in the console, shifter area or for the cupholders. I can't even see to put a cup into the cupholder when driving, I just have to hold the cup near the cupholder and feel around with the bottom of the cup. Now that's what I call luxury and it's convenient too, IF YOUR AN OWL!!!!!
Seriously, I have some 3mm single LED lights with Plastic Bezel Holder that I'm going to install in to dark wasteland that is our center console area. I know how and where to install the LED's and how to daisy chain them together into one circuit and how to run the wire to connect into the dash lights. But....it's that final connection that I don't know which wire to connect to, to have my new LED's come on with my dash lights. I guess you could say I know Jack but I don't know Sh%t when it comes to electrical connections :eek::scratchhead::yikes:

·
Premium Member
4,599 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts